Work in processing areas within the Distribution Centre to receive, put-away, pick, complete value-added services, pack and ship product for our own retail stores, e-Commerce consumers and wholesale customers.
Key Responsibilities (Functional):
- Attend and actively participate in any required Mobile Equipment Training and Fall Arrest Certification
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including Wire Guided Order Picker and Wire Guided Turret Truck, Reach Truck, End Rider and be comfortable working at heights
- Pick and put away product as required
- Ensure inventory counts are accurate when picking, following up on discrepancies as needed.
- Support and perform duties for other teams when necessary
- Ensure that all equipment provided in order to perform your duties, including batteries, are inspected and maintained efficiently and according to the policies and procedures outlined
- Perform circle check on mobile equipment daily and complete safety checklist daily
- Ensure that all safety rules, as outlined in our policies and procedures and in regards to Health and Safety, are adhered to at all times while performing your duties
- Ensure that any problems or equipment related issues are reported to your Supervisor, or Management immediately
- Ensure that all mobile equipment incidents, collisions, without exception are reported immediately to your Supervisor or Management
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Manager
- Ensure you thoroughly read and understand all company health and safety policies
- At all times follow said health and safety policies, procedures and instructions to ensure that you are always working in a safe manner
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as they are provided to you. In the event that you don’t understand what is expected of you fully, ask the Supervisor and/or Lead Hand in the department for further explanation/clarification
- Work effectively as part of a team within a department to execute the physical handling of product required to complete the processing requirements of the department; including lifting and moving cartons up to 40 lbs in weight and handling individual products through a variety of activities such as picking, scanning, adding price ticketing and packing into cartons
- Utilize warehouse tools, including radio frequency hand held units (“RF Scanners”) and computer kiosks, to update transactions within the warehouse management system (WMS) and log your activities in the labour management (LM) module
- Accept and follow direction from Managers, Supervisors and Lead Hands
- Work cooperatively with other Warehouse Associates to undertake tasks that require teamwork to complete properly
- At all times refrain from inappropriate language and any other behaviours that violate the company’s code of conduct or violence and harassment policy and negatively impact the positive and enthusiastic environment we strive to create
- Follow all company policies and directives regarding when to report conditions, behaviours or activities
Key Relationships (Internal):
- DC Managers, Supervisors, & Lead Hands, Human Resources
Key Relationships (External):
- DC Customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment and complete the manual handling of cartons and physical manipulation of individual product.
- Must be fully literate in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a large group of co-workers.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to coming to work each day.
- General knowledge of warehousing principles.
- Previous knowledge/experience using different material handling equipment would be an asset
- Ability to work independently in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to train in order to operate the material handling equipment as it relates to the position
- Attention to detail
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma, or demonstrated equivalent skills obtained through previous work and/or life experience
- Minimum 1 year’ experience working in a distribution center environment with a proven track record of accountability, material handling experience and excellent attendance
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.