This is a fully benefitted, 8 month contract position ideally starting May 5th.
As a Designer, you'll utilize your advanced design skills to create original, innovative designs that appropriately reflect Adidas design philosophy and standards.
You'll present design concepts and produce presentation materials in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Design, Design Director and Category teams that effectively communicate the concept behind your designs for internal and external audiences.
You'll also provide prototype sampling information, including materials, CAD, color, graphic applications, style, detail, fit requirements and construction detail.
- Collaborate on Design Direction for assigned categories of the seasonal apparel line which includes print, material, color and inspirational imagery that meets the requirements of the global product brief and is inline with the design strategy
- Study and interpret market conditions and trends from a design perspective as related to golf and share with design leadership team, marketing team and development team in a dynamic way
- Work closely with Senior Design Manager, Design Director and Brand Marketing to help shape the category offering
- Present your category ideas to Design team, Marketing team and external groups in a confident energetic way that displays the design language, color, fabrics, graphics and style
- Communicates with clarity and knowledge to all necessary teams within a strict timeframe
- Maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams and departments to create a streamline process
- Support, inspire, energize and challenge your immediate team and cross functional counterparts
- Actively research trade publications, trade fairs, online design tools, sports events.
- Collect relevant trend reports, style analysis and innovative design concepts that will inspire the direction of the golf apparel range in a new way
- Initiate store checks, market visits that are relevant to your category design initiating future thinking
- Hand off designs to development. Must submit all relevant information in design package for the development process (i.e.: tech packs, CAD drawings, color, application and material call-outs and constructions). Provide all finished flat sketches and colorways to mar-com for print catalog and collateral.
- General interest in fashion, golf, and sportswear market/trend
- Other job related duties might be assigned.
- Product Marketing
- Product Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Fashion Design degree and relevant work experience in the branded performance apparel industry.
- An in-depth knowledge of apparel design and understanding of color theory, materials and construction
- Exhibit mid-level understanding of technology, innovation, performance function
- Must be fully proficient in Adobe CC design applications
- Graphic design, textile print and 3D design experience a plus
- An understanding of the golf industry and/or an interest in the sport of golf.
- 5-8 years of related experience