Are you a high-performing Engineer who wants to apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Do you want to help shape the future of sport by helping to shape the way we make product? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Does applying the latest material and process innovations on a fast time to market excite you? Have you ever dreamed about applying cutting edge engineering to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas FUTURE team is currently looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic engineer who wants to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative, we want to hire the best talent to join our high performing team in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture, develop and communicate our product. The adidas FUTURE team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear, apparel, hardware and manufacturing projects, driven to create the best for the athlete. As a FUTURE team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your engineering competences towards advanced company projects.
Provide and be the access point to expert materials engineering knowledge critical to successful product and process innovations.
- Evaluate materials and components created with new processes and production technologies to support optimization of chemical processes
- Support internal technical teams with testing aimed at creating a detailed knowledge base of properties essential for functional performance
- Align research and development efforts with product or component requirements, ensuring new materials meet functional performance targets
- Perform failure analysis and root cause analysis on materials, components and processes leading to product failures
- Use materials science expertise to ensure smooth integration of new materials from prototyping phases into full-scale production
- Drive projects with material suppliers and research partners, using in-house materials and engineering expertise to identify targets
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
- Curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- University degree in a relevant engineering field
- 3 years of working experiences
- Fluent English, German advantageous
- Communicate and negotiate skilfully
- Cooperate well, develop and maintain relationships
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Plan working time efficiently, balancing short term tasks with long term goals
- Strong analytical skills, solution driven and result oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally