Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Drive brand advocacy and momentum by connecting fans of the brand with the content and experiences they are passionate about and ensure they are incentivized and rewarded for their actions. Ensure the brand is “always on” through a good mix of local and global content published on all relevant social platforms. Direct the right stories to the right people at the right time.
- Day-to-day oversight and operation of the newsroom in a key market, directy managing a team of Social Media and Community Managers, PR and Digital Analysts.
- Deveop and drive the digital strategy in alignment with the VP from concept to execution for respective market.
- Lead a team of Community Managers who are responsibe for publishing, moderation and community management of relevant social channels.
- Land the gobal publishing plan to ensure the global stories are being communicated at the right time and place.
- Guide the decision making around which ocal stories will be sourced and covered. Optimize content for all platforms and search engines and ensure that it feeds the overall ecosystem strategy.
- Be at the center of the ocal market community touch points, ensuring close collaboration and partnership with various x-functional partners (CRM, Sports Marketing, Trade Marketing, eComm, Trend, Entertainment Influence Marketing the on-site)
- Provide thought, industry and trend eadership to the team, and drive ideas to action
- Act as the primary iaison between the global HQ and the market brand marketing team for all social content, CRM, loyalty and analytics.
- Enforce the gobal policies and mandates – ensure all global standards around social media guidelines, tone of voice, etc are followed.
- Ensure the aignment and coordination of key strategic initiatives with the overall adidas Brand Strategy at all times
- Own and manage editoria meetings, drive adherence to all deadlines.
- Drive and oversee al aspects of content production, including budget, vendor and asset management.
- Together with the other managing editors around the word, be responsible for ensuring a coordinated adidas presence on all relevant channels to maximize global impact.
- Manage the newsroom budget and ensure investment into programs (content and oyalty) which will maximize brand engagement and drive profitability.
- Together with the other managing editors, define and drive the digita KPIs and benchmarks. Leverage key analytics to measure effectiveness of programs and continually evolve the digital strategy.
- Brand adidas: Brand Management Departments
- Brand adidas: other BUs Brand Marketing
- Brand Marketing and PR in all relevant markets
- Ecomm and Global PR Teams
- Creative agencies
- Senior Leadership Team
- Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of social and digital publishing
- Experience in the field of PR, social / digital media or working in an editorial media capacity is a huge benefit
- Journalism and publishing experience in a “newsroom” environment
- Deep knowledge of brand marketing functions and interactions
- Experience and knowledge of International Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Industry preferably from Sport or Fashion Industry
- Good understanding of cross functional business processes
- English: fluent
- Language of the relevant newsroom (Japanese) a must
- Outlook: Advanced
- Word: Basic
- Excel: Advanced
- PowerPoint: Advanced
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent education required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in journalism, marketing, PR or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- Experience in leading x-functional programs