Own virtual material management to ensure high quality virtual materials are created and delivered by supply (T2) through best practices to enable best class 3D asset creation.
- Lead virtual material creation (fabrics & trims) program at T2. Monitors T2s virtual material creation performance and initiates performance improvement plans to ensure high virtual material quality is delivered
- Ensures continuous improvements of 3D tools used in adidas for the Sourcing organisation and suppliers in close collaboration with Sourcing & the headquarter
- Initiates and drives 3D textures related technical proof of concepts for small to mid size technology innovations within Sourcing in close collaboration with headquarter
- Support development of smart solutions for a smooth integration of virtual material with 3D tools.
- Trains users within Sourcing (LO, T2s, etc.) on 3D tools and supports onboarding of new users to digital creation within Sourcing. Encourages and initiates best-practice sharing amongst 3D technology users in Sourcing and establishes platforms (e.g. season kick off, Virtualisation summit)
- Supports end to end digital creation pilots with 3D expertise
- Identifies opportunities to link digital creation data to innovative manufacturing concepts (e.g. digital printing, 3D printing, knitting, TFP, etc.) and supports implementation
- Product Operations (Strategy & Projects, PCT)
- Sourcing Operations
- adidas Liaison Offices (Merchandisers, Technical Services)
- Global & local IT (LO IT, Sourcing HQ IT)
- External soft- & hardware vendors
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge/skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & 3D rendering & texturing tools solutions e.g. Modo, Maya, Blender, xTex etc.
- Basic knowledge in Apparel 3D software (V-Stitcher, CLO, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in apparel product creation tools (e.g. PLM) is a plus
- Good knowledge in virtual material (soft good) e.g. textile.
- Strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent in English spoken and in writing, Chinese preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree or comparable education as 3D artist, media informatics, mechanical engineer or computer graphics
- Minimum 3-5 years related 3D Rendering or 3D Material work experience