Manage the global transportation activities and processes. Maintain and improve service levels in order to deliver a high level of responsiveness and flexibility. Understand the transportation requirements of the adidas Group’s stakeholders and translate those into service deliverables and system/data requirements towards our Logistics Service Providers.
- Document the process requirements and service deliverables in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Service Level Agreements and ensure that the agreed processes and service are implemented and executed successfully in the day-to-day operations and within the scope of contractual agreements.
- Coordinate and support the execution as well as the fine-tuning / adaptation of Standard Operating Procedures and continuously educate the markets on global processes and policies.
- Work closely with the markets as well as with the Sourcing Organizations and make sure local requirements are well understood and safeguarded in the day-to-day business and its various contracts.
- Contribute to the implementation of new transportation solutions for the market’s supply chain and commercial organizations while supporting the needs of the business.
- Support the integration of Logistics Service Providers into the adidas Group’s system landscape.
- Manage the transportation processes end to end across all modes of transport, from factories to arrival at DC’s including resolution of issues related to transportation planning and execution.
- Standardize, align and constantly re-assess global transport requirements on vendor portfolio, operational processes and connectivity / data processes.
- Identify and contribute to deliver opportunities for cost reductions and service level improvements including opportunities to support business growth.
- Support in establishing agreed logistics processes, KPI’s and cost reduction targets.
- Manage the LSPs by performing regular business review meetings based on the provision of the aligned KPIs.
- Support supply chain projects from an operations and process point of view.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Ability to solve practical and theoretical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Team player, high degree of self-management, enthusiasm, drives to perform. Self-starter, ability to work and build cooperation in a multinational team / matrix organization, very strong in negotiation and finding compromise.
- Strong record of successfully applying problem solving and project management skills including good planning and organization.
- Understanding of the bigger picture and end-to-end supply chain.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently on different layers of the organization.
- Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under very limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of the Ocean, Air and Land transport markets.
- Excellent language proficiency; multi-lingual abilities in another languages preferred
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA a plus
- 2-3 year work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast moving logistics environment, particularly related to supplier/contract, project and supply chain management including an overall logistics responsibility.
- Experience in multi-national transportation logistics and project management with the drive and energy to implement change.