PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
Manage totally new bottom/upper tooling developments following the highest quality and industrial standards and drive tooling optimization towards commercial concept proof.
- Ensure that latest CAD/tooling technology is used to develop and commercialize advance concept by applying highest quality engineering level.
- Provide pro-active & innovative solutions in collaboration with HQ throughout all innovation stages.
- Manage the communication of CAD/tooling information from AC HQ team to technical departments of multiple factories and selected T2’s.
- Built close relationship with bottom mold shops, injectors and particle foam suppliers and establish a most effective communication channel.
- Map expectations and capability requirements to relevant T2 partners and provide necessary insights and training to raise support level.
- Manage Advance Concept tooling projects that:
- incorporate latest, innovative technological developments
- adheres to agreed-on Advance-specific development/
- commercialization timelines
- Meets adidas quality standards as well as cost, efficiency, sustainability objectives
- Capture and create PCT & HQ AC technical/design guidelines and ensure continuous upgrades of technical information. Manage communication and roll-out within relevant adidas CAD/tooling teams, mold shops, suppliers.
- Maintain an efficient tracking system of AC CAD/Tooling work and level load workload to respective T2 partners accordingly. Manage a IP protected, central filing system for all technical drawings and relevant graded patterns.
- Work closely with PCT and engineering teams to run necessary mold simulations
- Prepare and Lead all CAD/ Mold/ Material/ QA onboarding meetings and enable flawless project transition throughout innovation cycle.
- Be aware of adidas brand mission and customer focus; knowledge of adidas history and understand the technical direction of the innovation product range.
- Ensures health and safety requirements are met and SOE rules are implemented.
- Advance Concept/ Advance Creation HQ teams
- AC Costing, Footwear Sourcing
- Future, Sourcing team
- Material Engineering, Sourcing Incubation team
- Molding, Injection, Foaming vendors
- PCT / ME, Footwear Sourcing
- Development & Commercialization Teams, Footwear Sourcing
- Machinery, Chemical & Technology vendors
- T1 and T2 business partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Diploma or degree in a post-secondary discipline focusing on CAD/tooling and/or product engineering.
- 5 years working experience in a technical engineering/CAD/ mould making capability with a good knowledge of material science, injection plastics for consumer goods. Knowledge on shoemaking a plus
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM processes and applications, in depth understanding and ability to apply related software (e.g Rhino, simulation software e.g FEA).
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create, plan and deliver presentations
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese .
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel & PowerPoint.