At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: Ensure that tax documents, calculation and tax obligations and other audited documentation are comply with the Legal Requirements, Requirements of the Group Finance Manual, and, if the numbers are aligned with the accounting numbers on the financial statements, financial position and on results of the operations of the local entity.
Manage day to day operation of all taxes functions
- Manage the work of the GBS (Global Business Services), establishing KPI that guarantee the fiscal compliance Ensure timely preparation of all tax reports (taxes obligations) according to the Legal Requirements
- Guaranteeing the establishment of taxes and the delivery of all ancillary obligations with no fixed term in the legislation
- Assistance to internal and external auditors
- Ensure compliance with timely oversight tax inspections
- Improve tax procedures and keep up to date on legislation, ensuring tax compliance
- Develop sufficient internal control procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Manage staff and support their professional development and career enhancement
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Critical sense regarding deadlines and risk management
- Communicator between the tax authorities and senior management in the supervision.
- Domain of applicable penalties in the delay of ancillary obligations and payment of taxes
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Lawyer preferably with membership from recognized professional
- Advanced MS Office / Excel/PPT and ERP’s (Advanced)
- Language skills: English (Advanced), local language portuguse (Fluent)
- Strong taxes technical skills, with previous experience on similar companies
- Work experience, at managerial level in the finance department of a multinational company
- Experience in managing & developing people
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.