Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
The IT Infrastructure Service delivery manager will focus on keeping internal business partners informed and satisfied with the adidas IT Infrastructure services by: managing infrastructure projects, managing external support staff responsible for fixing any service related issues, coordinating escalations, being the main point of contact for any critical escalations that occur, tracking service metrics, defining budget impacts and helping lead the professionals responsible for getting services delivered to clients.
Due to having direct influence on KPI and line of business communication needs, this role requires someone who will be located on-site daily at adidas Portland Village location, and work to keep a positive relationship with clients, stay organized, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to make the IT Infrastructure services better.
Technical Strategy & Planning
- Provides input to the service continuity planning process and implements resulting plans.
Business Change Management
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Additional duties will involve assisting in troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring that SLA’s and service agreements get met by internal & external vendors, identifying process improvements, and assisting with contract renewal.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
Service Level Management
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
- Enables proper application / platform or infrastructure improvements within service offering
- Provides input for financial management within service offering (cost control, negotiations, purchasing)
- Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- Feeds into change management processes.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
Release and Deployment
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provides input to scheduling. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services.
- contributes to the determination of problem fixes/remedies.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
- Escalates unresolved incidents
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agree
- Performs initial services estimates, and services impacts based on program needs
- Contributes to identify risks and contributes to recommend services changes as needed
Stakeholder & People Management
- Serves as the main business point of contact for adidas IT Infrastructure services in the Portland locations. This role must be located on-site each day, and any remote work must be approved by the Director of IT Cloud & Connectivity.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Ensures that SLA’s and service agreements are met by internal & external vendors, identifying process improvements, assisting with contract renewal, and proactively communicate changes
- Business Stakeholder / User
- IT Project / Product Managers
- Business Consultant / Analysts
- Domain- and Solution Architects
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Security
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external stakeholders and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on IT, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience, at least 3 in an IT / Service Management role.