Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Fully accountable for quality, production, manufacturing efficiency targets and Social & Environmental Affairs (SEA) in one factory of at least 500K monthly capacity. Key Responsibilities:
- Independently manage all production, quality, production planning and SEA aspects of 1 factory (of at least 500K pairs monthly capacity.)
- Manage relationship with factory top management (Head of Production & Head of QIP) but with support from Production Team Leader or Senior Production Manager in implementing CI techniques and quality tools in daily production operations.
- Manage junior team members and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supervise junior production staffs ensuring that quality is the paramount priority and focus.
- Explain practices and directives to factory QIP/ Production Heads and/or LO teams to achieve shared goals.
- Influence factory production/ quality middle management and drive change to achieve production objectives.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues)
- Account for production area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Execute defined directives.
- Factory Production & QIP Floor Manager, Supervisor
- Development Managers
- Quality Department
- ME Department
- Senior Operations Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have production knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Have a strong Continuous Improvement (CI) and quality mindset.
- With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex production issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Chinese or Korean (for communication with Factory Production/ QIP heads) a clear advantage
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering
- 3-5 years shoes making or quality experience in Footwear industry.
- Prod or dev/comm background
- Shoes making / quality experience
- Good knowledge of shoes manufacturing process
- Practice exposure and min 6-12 months rotation in another function outside Production i.e.Quality, Commercialization, Planning or Development