PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
Manage the entire production process in one or more assigned factories via close collaboration with product teams, materials, costing and other support functions, as well as the suppliers.
Ensure that quality is the paramount priority and focus of all production operations processes.
Ensure the assigned factories meet adidas group standards in quality, delivery, SEA, lean, etc;
Responsible for the development of a cohesive and customer focused production team which drives quality at all levels.
- Drive and work collaboratively with the assigned factory(s) to achieve excellence and continuous improvement in quality, manufacturing efficiency, cost and delivery.
- Set up quality plan for all new models at various stages of development take active involvement in new products at T2 stage, and ensures value/cost optimization by providing cost efficient manufacturing ideas and expertise throughout the development / production process.
- Leads the implementation of all process controls and procedures in production area.
- Ensures manufacturers are fully compliant with quality standards for all product delivered, and in line with delivery objectives.
- Provides world class services to our customers; is committed to adding value and eliminating waste. Is reliable and applies a sense of urgency to resolving issues completely.
- Works with the OM and the production teams to set the direction and create mutually agreed upon roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, goals.
- Ensures that all related teams and departments participate in the production process as required, promoting team-work across all boundaries.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization: ensures the production team is receiving and passing along appropriate information in a timely manner so that decisions can be made. Responsible for raising product issues at right time to head off potential quality & delivery issues.
- Holds team accountable for performing tasks and carrying out mutually agreed responsibilities.
- Provides training and information as needed to complete assignments that are of high quality and on time.
- Is focused on the brand mission & footwear mission statement. Upholds our core values: Authentic, Innovative, Committed, Passionate, Inspirational, and Honest.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, and builds mutually beneficial relationships among product teams; includes LO, HQ, factory and tier 2 suppliers.
- Ensures the assigned factories comply with Standard of Engagement (SOE).
- Ensures factories comply with local labor laws, reports back any violations.
- Ensures manufacturers comply with fire and health and safety regulations, reports back and follows up on any short-comings and abuses.
- Senior or Operations Managers & LO Functional Heads
- T1 suppliers
- Global Footwear Quality
- Other GOPS functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 3 years experience in footwear production.
- Experience in footwear development and commercialization.
- Experience in personnel management.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on shoemaking or engineering.