- Independently manage all quality and production aspects and (together with ME & SEA functional counterparts) drive day-to-day efficiency and SEA topics
- Fully responsible for quality in production and for driving manufacturing efficiency targets and Social & Environmental Affairs (SEA) in the designated production area.
- Drive Technical Strategy with respective suppliers to deliver world class products that meet customer specifications/requirements.
- Manage relationship with factory top management (Head of Production & Head of Quality) with support from Production Team Leader, Senior Production Manager, and ME team in implementing ME key initiatives and quality tools in daily production operations
- Manage junior team members and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives ensuring that quality is the paramount priority and focus.
- Influence factory production/ quality middle management and drive change to achieve production objectives.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope with limited support on resolution of complex production issues
- Aligned with global technical and quality direction to ensure products meet the defined adidas Group standards.
- Support the timely resolution of technical and quality issues to achieve quality and delivery objectives.
- Drive effective communication with Creation Centres, Development, Material and Production, external suppliers and internal business partners in collaboration with Senior Manager Technical Services, Director, Technical Service to resolve quality problems, including timely communication of delivery risks.
- Implements best practices, programs and tools for supplier development according to GASA milestones and overall sourcing and business strategy to achieve continuous improvement of product quality and production performance.
- Direct technical testing support for Production department within Liaison Office including wash, print and colour testing as well as reporting and coordinating timely testing scheduling in conjunction with the LO material teams.
- Support sampling process for product development as proscribed by current process (i.e., Proto Sample to Size Set Sample).
- Drive the continuous assessment and upgrade of technicians’ competencies through the implementation of global training programs to ensure a high level of technical capabilities within the LO.
- Organise and supervise random audits of T1s within the supply base on performance of accredited technicians and QCs.
- Provide technical support for the on-boarding of new suppliers to ensure adherence to adidas Group standards and policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely compilation of all quality reports.
- Drive & support to ensure suppliers meet all key quality milestones & KPIs including monthly analysis on quality performance, with clear action plans and follow-up.
- With support from ME manager,
- Drive ME targets in daily operations and provide alert to Senior Sourcing & ME Directors as to any efficiency challenges encountered or projected
- Collaborate on action plans for driving efficiency improvements and drive the implementation of agreed action plans in daily operations
- Checks the labeling and packaging complies with customer requirements
- Assist Production and Planning Managers in monitoring production flow (WIP)
- Provide input into capacity validation and roadmap discussions per request from Planning team
- Maintains a positive factory relationship via proper communication, and positive attitude
- Drive factory compliance to adidas SOE (Standards of Engagement) and reports observed violations to SEA team. Ensures manufacturers comply with fire and health and safety regulations, reports back and follows up on any short-comings and abuses.
- Factory Operations Directors
- Internal & Supplier Quality teams
- Internal & Supplier Manufacturing Excellence/Innovation (ME/MI) & IE teams
- Internal & Supplier Development & Commercialization teams
- Director Operations Management & Senior Sourcing Director
- Creation Centres
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Independently ability to identify issues, analyse facts and make correct decisions regarding complex production issues without undermining any required standards
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Able to communicate confidently in English (speaking, writing, reading).
- Chinese (for communication with Factory teams) a clear advantage
- A comprehensive knowledge of garment construction, fit, sewing and production management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Textile Technology or Textile Engineering, or equivalent related technical experience in the areas of colour, printing and washing
- Minimum five year experience in textile manufacturing or technologies, preferably within Asia.
- Experience in garment quality, knitting, printing
- Work well under high pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT-/EDP-skills