- Responsible for all production operations in assigned factories.
- Ensures all production meets adidas quality standards and best practices.
- Implements all process controls and procedures in order to integrate quality system and mind set into daily operations.
- Works with factories to improve quality and manufacturing efficiencies, encourages upgrades towards modern manufacturing machinery and techniques.
- Ensures adidas delivery objectives are met.
- Works closely with development and technical departments to ensure proper handover and on time production start of new models.
- Applies effective concepts ensuring control over all production volumes, managing capacities and verification of those in production plans with Planning department and factory partners, monitors material status and ensures that level loading efforts are followed accordingly.
- Works closely with LO Planning ensuring accurate and timely communication of order status and production issues.
- Ensure value/cost optimization by providing cost efficient manufacturing ideas and expertise throughout the development / production process.
- Implements waste elimination ideas with regards to product and process in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Manages all direct reports. Assists in establishing career paths for key individuals.
- Ensures all direct reports are fully trained in adidas procedures (includes inspector training program).
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and the sensation of customer service.
- Ensures factories comply with adidas SEA (Social and Environmental Affairs) principles.
- Ensures factories comply with local labour laws, reports back any violations.
- Ensures manufacturers comply with fire and health and safety regulations, reports back and follows up on any short-comings and abuses.
- Establishes suppliers’ full understanding of adidas business needs and objectives, maintains a positive factory relationship via day to day communication and positive participation.
- Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on sporting goods manufacturing or engineering.
- At least 3 year experience in consumer goods production, ideally sporting goods.
- Experience in Accessories and Gear, Footwear or Apparel development.