At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Drive continuous improvement of category specific testing for fit, comfort, performance and quality. Collaborate with the x-functional teams to ensure the appropriate level of testing is applied to product, based on product intention, product benefits and consumer profile. Collaborate with BUs to deliver the Most Beautiful Sports Product by highlighting consumer feedback and placing it as the priority during product creation. Accountable for Testing contribution for BU specific concepts and brand-driven projects by managing optimized testing protocols.
- Manage testing process and support testing strategy in regards to BU specific brand concept, brand relevant projects and assigned inline products.
- Carry out Testing activities and execute tests according to adidas quality standards within the predetermined timelines and whenever required.
- Initiate continuous development of category specific testing processes and new methods to verify consumer centric approach in cooperation with governance functions. Maintain highest knowledge of relevant concepts, continuously strengthen own technical expertise and ensure that any new testing requirement is built in the testing set-up in cooperation with governance functions
- Evaluate, analyze, document and communicate test results (workshops, holistic testing summary presentations shared with x- functional team, open source meetings to communicate consumer needs) as well as maintain results/reports in the respective systems
- Escalate issues to appropriate persons to avoid claims, defective returns and to have a positive impact on NPS
- Create and maintain network of testers with various skills as needed to support the assigned business units.
- Implement research and innovation to deliver world class products meeting consumer needs (e.g. pre-testing, open source initiative, style pattern projects and benchmark).
- Collaborate with x- functional teams in terms of testing new ideas and check against competitor products, create recommendations proactively and present back to BU
- Mentor team members to develop category specific expertise & conduct trainings
- X-functional Creation teams
- External partners (Sports Universities etc.)
- Testers, consultants, testing facilities, coaches and athletes
Knowledge, capabilities and experience
- Sport specific understanding, passion for sports and culturally connected to sport/fitness world
- Ability to understand scientific testing methods, synthesize data and write test results in a clear, concise manner
- Good communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Strong biomechanical knowledge preferred
- Strong understanding of Creation and Testing processes
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Fluent in English and German (for HZO, written and spoken)
- Ability to travel
- Ability to motivate and mentor others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere
- University degree in sports science or related field
- 5 years of progressive working experience in A&G/APP/FW business or related sports science
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.