PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
- Be the sourcing interface for the Advanced Concept Development teams and manage the product creation process throughout defined innovation stages.
- Drive product validation from a product engineering POV (with extensions in applied fields of process, materials, technologies), providing insights and recommendations along all product iterations and towards proof of technology readiness.
- Establish effective relationships with Advance Concept HQ teams (HZ, PDX, BF) and support AC innovation roadmap on the sourcing side.
- High collaboration expected with other cross functional teams, support workshops and training sessions with internal and external stakeholder while preparing product and documentation of the latest innovation level.
- Lead to drive the development of AC products and technologies within defined timelines, in accordance with the design and technical requirements while maintaining an emphasis on product performance, quality, integrity.
- Take an active role in the costing process by working in collaboration with LO and T1/T2 costing on evaluating applicable cost scenarios towards reaching technology cost targets and targeted margins/FOBs on all products.
- Implement adidas product creation principles of “simplify, standardize, modularize and enable automation” in all advanced concepts.
- Provide AC projects tracking and provide regular status updates to line manager and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with selected T1, T2, T3 suppliers to identify commercial obstacles and provide solutions in early development stage to optimize value/cost viability ratios through product engineering and efficient manufacturing techniques.
- Apply highest level of intellectual property protection to all AC Innovations by working closely with HQ’s and HK legal team. Establish, review and foster E2E data and product security
- Provide comprehensive documentation such as project transfer package, SOP’s, QA plan, best practice for project handover stage and support the implementation at relevant tiers.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with HQ / LO and other key parties as listed below. Encourage performance culture and 3C behaviors internally and externally.
- Advance Concept HQ teams (Design, Mkt, Dev.), Advance Creation
- AC Costing, Footwear Sourcing
- Future, Sourcing team
- Material Engineering, Sourcing Incubation team
- Development & Commercialization Teams, Footwear Sourcing
- Product Creation Teams, Brand Operations
- PCT / ME, Footwear Sourcing
- T1 and T2 business partners
- Material, Machinery, Chemical & Technology vendors
- Innovation Management, Advance Creation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University or College Degree, preferably Project Management or Industrial Engineering background.
- 5-6 years of relevant work experience in the footwear industry in technical and/or product creation functions.
- Good understanding of footwear manufacturing including pattern engineering, CAD, mould making, material processing, testing, QA/QC etc.
- Good understanding of costing and design for manufacturing/profitability principles.
- Strong ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with good skills.
- Fluent spoken and written in English, Chinese a plus for China-based position.
- Strong communication skills to work under a diverse culture.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Project Management, basic operations of Adobe Illustrator, Rhino.