At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 85 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
- This is a new role created due to support the development of the Partner Program (marketplace business model), a new sales channel for our Digital Partner Commerce business in Europe.
- The Platform Trading Manager will be instrumental in driving the management of our live partner business, a portfolio of online wholesale key accounts, eCom pure players and marketplaces.
- This role requires demonstrated expertise in account management in the sporting goods industry, knowledge of eCommerce and a solid merchandising and sales foundation.
- Account lead for our EKA, Cluster accounts, Specialist, Clearance or Marketplace business.
- Executing the Partner Program platform proposition in Europe for respective accounts including ranging strategy, forecasting consolidation, reporting and active in-season management.
- Executing on the trading and service framework across respective accounts, establishing detailed Platform Trading processes for existing and future partners.
- Responsible for knowing the consumer, category, channel, competitor and macro-economic country situation for partner program key account categories. This includes the European retail and eCom environment in distribution, share of buy, competitor ranges and pricing.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Acting as the lead account interface post account go-live for Partner Program partners.
- Define the account strategy for current and future Partner Program accounts under your responsibility in close alignment with Wholesale key account management teams
- Contribute to a high-performance culture across the Partner Program business by setting clear expectations and targets, analysing account performance and delivering operational and commercial improvements to Partner Program business.
- Represent assigned accounts internally towards all functions, ensuring aligned and effective collaboration across the end-to-end Platform Trading process.
- Drive collaboration with Western European Business Units, Local Marketing and Sales to create seasonal CTC plans that include Brand, Product and Activation programs
- Support the Partner Program Platform Trading Director in merchandising planning and buying alignment pre and in-season to ensure that DTC buying teams cross-brands adidas and reebok are aligned to product and range priorities for the Partner Program.
- Support the definition and implementation of all Platform Trading reporting, bringing together Wholesale and eCom data to drive brand and commercial success.
- Drive regular analysis of sell-through performance to the relevant EU teams as well as contribute to overall Partner Program strategic planning based on that analysis.
- Drive the in-season management and day to day operations of all live accounts under you and your team’s responsibility.
- Pro-actively manage all business KPIs linked to order fulfilment and inventory management, e.g. net sales, standard margin, DCC, cancellations etc.
- Partner closely with the Business Development, Operations and eCommerce Business Operations team to facilitate the seamless set up and launch of new account business
- Partner Program Business Development, Business Analytics and Platform Operations teams
- Europe eCommerce Merchandising, Business Operations, Financial Services, and Analytics teams
- Marketplace team and business/technical teams of partner accounts
- Wholesale team managing assigned accounts
- Europe Supply Chain Management team, IT, Finance and Legal teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to work in deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to handle multiple tasks and business partners.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in spreadsheet analyses. Self-motivated and passionate about deriving business insight from data, improving business processes, and solving problems.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to participate and confidently provide quantitative and qualitative input in investment review.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to present and map complex business solutions and processes (interest in technical and business eCommerce projects a must).
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment. Solution-oriented with a focus on achieving results. Quick to learn new systems and tools
- Comfortable working in an international environment.
- Fluency in English is required; at least one other European language required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA / BS in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 3 years professional experience (demonstrated experience in merchandising (eCom & retail) alongside account management, business development or finance is a key requirement.
- Progressive leadership experience in the sporting goods industry is a requirement.
- Established expertise in retail & eCom merchandising, buying, product planning and/or sales and the product creation process