Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
For adidas, online presence is a key strategic priority. Specifically, adidas is focused on building an immersive, robust branded digital experience and driving eCommerce growth. The platform is the online connection between our brands and consumers. This role is the key conduit between the technologies that define and power our online platform and the teams who are driving traffic and business through the platform.Manager, Platform Operations - eCommerce for adidas Canada will manage platform operations and business processes for adidas Canada ensuring the platform stability is monitored and key order management and fulfilment tasks are executed as desired.
- Responsible for day to day business operation of the eCommerce platform landscape
- Platform landscape includes the eCommerce platform, Order Management System (OMS) and the technical/business operations of supporting third party platforms including order processing, payment capture and others
- Manage key operational functions around Website Checkout, Payment, Order Management, Fulfilment etc.
- Lead the definition and improvement of business operational processes as they relate to the platform and platform tools. Includes understanding business opportunities, understanding the front end technical landscape, and defining solutions that will support the business team in achieving their objectives
- Drive the process to scope and prioritize eCommerce key platform enhancements and projects
- Analysis and monitoring of platform processes finding improvement opportunities and ensuring site health
- Manage the daily/monthly/quarterly website updates. Includes management of implementation details along with actual implementation both “hands on” implementation and oversight to implementation resources.
- Develop into the subject matter expert for front-end tools and technology
- Develop and maintain expertise in new emerging technologies related to digital commerce
- Global Teams including – Business Ops, OMS/Payment, UX, Marketing
- Local Customer Service and Consumer Relations Teams
- Global and Local brand teams in key markets.
- Global and regional eCommerce functions on all levels, e. g. for the implementation of new processes and tools, for demanding workstream results, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Ability to self-manage and operate effectively with little oversight
- Ability to communicate at all levels to drive common understanding of ambiguous situations
- Ability to work in a team environment and welcome collaboration and feedback from other team members
- Ability to accurately estimate how long a project will take to ensure accurate timelines are created and achieved
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 4-6 years’ eCommerce or digital online experience in a function requiring technical capability
- University Degree in IT, Business, Operations, or a similar field strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, SQL, SQL Server, and relational databases
- Knowledge or experience working with Demandware is preferred
- Basic knowledge of risk and payment management tools (Cybersource preferred)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Order Management Systems
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Fluent in English
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.