At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Manages the pattern creation process for BU CORE in collaboration with Creation Centre teams - Design, Marketing, Product Operations - and T1. Manage strategic direction for the Modular business model in BU Core including pattern reduction, yield efficiency and the transition to Digital creation. Support CORE strategy and global framework by driving processes, standards and methodologies in collaboration with Marketing, Design, Fabric and M.E (Manufacturing Excellence)to achieve modular goals and objectives to achieve a consistent brand identity through Quality, Speed and Value for CORE products.
- Leads and drives the basic pattern selection process, and understands CORE Apparel needs to determine future basic pattern requirements.
- Drives the Global Basic Pattern process, consistent fit and pattern reduction in modular.
- Develop new basic and new model patterns, drive the pattern creation with X-functional partners based on market requirements; maintains the information in the product creation system and ensures that new patterns are wear tested as needed.
- Works on an ongoing basis on new solutions to reach creative pattern goals, by using new methods and systems and/or new constructions
- Understands and considers relationship between pattern/material/features and usage/yields for transition to digital creation.
- Supports Digital Pattern projects, including tool development and smart solutions to enable the future of Digital and CORE.
- Assist to develop and implement processes and frameworks relating to BU CORE in Patterns and development.
- Support Modular Development team with PCT trainings, Newsletter creation and compliance audits on CORE products .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of Modular and its key principles features, fabrics and compliance.
- Understanding in advanced knowledge in pattern creation and grading with the ability to provide effective and cost efficient pattern solutions and an understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit
- Ability to interpret and evaluate designs on model level in regards to pattern execution/engineering
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
- Confident in all aspects of production, garment construction and manufacturing
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Effective communication, team player and ability to teach others
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (All Microsoft programmes ) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Advanced skills in Gerber or similar CAD programs
- Advanced knowledge in V-Stitcher or similar 3D programs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Technical college/fashion school training in pattern making / grading, “Meisterbrief” or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2-3 years related work experience in garment industry in comparable role
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.