At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Support Material manager/Material Expert in the development and implementation of a sourcing strategy for the relevant materials through strong analysis of business data and effective communication with T1 and T2 suppliers. Lead and maintain a Strong relationship between T2 supplier base, adidas group and T1 factories to ensure world class material innovation and supply.
- Support the Materials Manager/Material Expert in development of T2 suppliers through communication of adidas Group policies, procedures, and performance data (SCP & FACT) to guide the suppliers’ development in line with adidas Group direction
- Support Material Manager/Material Expert on Strategic Material Sourcing programs for designated Material type (such as MAP/MCP and T1 nomination) with the T1 and T2 suppliers to maximize value and reduce complexity.
- Manage the seasonal collections of new materials from relevant Tier 2 suppliers for HQ vendor fairs and Material Toolbox selection.
- In collaboration with LO & HQ product creation, lead new material developments and commercialization through partnership with T2 suppliers for the designated material segment. Provides authoritative technical guidance to product creation and T1 teams.
- Provide analysis of material segment business conditions, support Material manager/Material Expert to recommend strategies to optimize material cost, quality, and delivery.
- Monitor and tracking cost trends for the material segment to support the price negotiation and manage price list creation according to required seasonal timelines.
- Educate T2 suppliers on adidas Group quality requirements and resolve critical material quality and delivery issues with T1 and T2 suppliers.
- Organize T2 supplier development events, local vendor fairs, and coordinate T2 participation in HQ vendor fairs.
- T2 suppliers
- Tier 1 factory material purchasing team and production team.
- Development team at Liaison Office
- HQ’s material teams
- Other LO Material teams
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree ( BA or BS) from four-year college or university, prefer study of Textile engineering, Polymer chemistry .
- Understand of functional footwear processes.
- Minimum 5 years of footwear materials and business related experience (especially textile, polymer) and/or an equivalent combination education and experience.
- Fluent English in oral and writing, can pass BULATS level 3 or equivalent.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.