End to end accountability for managing Tier 2 (T2) supplier relationships in respective locations.
- Lead end to end operations in the supplier group of dedicated T2, including material product creation, delivery, standards, and costing targets established by senior management; accountable for key performance indicators.
- In alignment with global materials strategy, responsible for supplier strategic direction to support brand business objectives and product expectations, including support of material selection and commercialization.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness through high-level communication and coordination with adidas Group HQ departments, regional centers and suppliers from tech pack receipt to shipment.
- Proactive leadership to identify, approve, and develop new vendors with the support of SEA, technical team leaders, and other departments supporting the vendor base.
- Work with management and suppliers to implement supply chain initiatives as introduced by GSP, Continuous Improvement, Logistics, Sourcing and others.
- Partner with T2 supply base to manage and provide solutions on Materials Quality issues in development and bulk production.
- Monitor apparel material and colour quality management performance of all T2s to ensure compliance with adidas Group standards.
- Oversee implementation of quality management and certification programs to ensure compliance by supply base.
- Keep up to date on new technologies, sustainability initiatives and best business practices so that plans can be developed and implemented to improve supplier performance.
- Work with suppliers’ technical team to ensure that bulk production mirrors the expectations set down in Range Management System.
- Provide technical assessments of current and/or proposed material suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and ability to deliver the appropriate quality on-time (with detailed recommendations for changes)
- Supervise the execution of Laboratory accreditation scheme between official accreditor and supplier in conjunction with Technical Services. Key Relationships:
- T2 suppliers
- Material Team at Creation Center / LO
- Director Sourcing
- Regional Materials Head Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in apparel operations environment.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of textile business.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), local languages an advantage.
- Good IT-/EDP-skills including Excel and Word. Comfortable with learning internal Product Data Management systems Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in Textile Technology
- At least 12 years progressive work experience in Fabrics & Trims sourcing
- Comprehensive knowledge of textile business from supply and procurement perspective