At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Represent the adidas-Group to the assigned suppliers and oversee that key milestones of the product creation process are met between Creation Centres (CC) and suppliers.
Lead the team to work with suppliers on innovation and build up the platform to share and align business needs and supplier capabilities.
- Work with suppliers on innovation and build up the platform to share information to the Creation Centres.
- Ensure that the suppliers meet all key milestones and KPI targets, including development and sample downloads on time and with quality information.
- Key involvement in the escalation of issues which cannot be resolved by CC and the supplier.
- Understand and implement all transfer policies ensuring product integrity (quality, aesthetics, cost) is maintained at all phases of the process with minimal or no delay in production timing.
- Support the development process to ensure material is developed and engineered with focus on productivity and manufacturing efficiency without compromising product quality and durability.
- Continuously build up category specific capabilities within the internal and supplier teams and be the spokesperson for the category in the supplier group.
- Work with manufacturers and suppliers in continuous upgrades of technical applications and processes including the development and implementation of new innovation/technologies.
- Drive effective teamwork by actively coaching and supporting internal and supplier team members to develop their skills and capabilities
- Ensure that all sample/ bulk orders are produced on time with correct quality.
- Actively manage T2 capacity to ensure on time delivery .
- Brand Operations
- Technical Services
Knowledge, skills and abilities: (to be derived from skills assessment)
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Strong understanding of material manufacturing
- Good understanding of costing principles.
- Ability to create, plan and deliver presentations.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong ability to work with Product Data Management Systems and MS Office skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four year college or university degree.
- At least 5 years of related work experience in the material/apparel industry in a technical capacity with managerial experience.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.