At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Guide and oversee operations of the sample room as directed by the Senior Manager.
Collaborate with Senior Sample Room Manager to establish team workflow and schedule based on project priorities and timeline. Communicate with development and factory partners to maintain visibility and alignment between teams.
- Review and oversee project pass-off from the development team into the sample room workflow.
- Allocate sample room resources according to project priorities and timeline.
- Ensure that all prototypes, samples shoes produced in the sample room are manufactured according to specifications provided by the development team.
- Manage and maintain sample room project status reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager to prioritize timelines and projects in accordance with team objectives; set and enforce timelines for different projects.
- Continually work to achieve a rapid turnaround of high quality samples and efficient operations.
- Work in junction with the sample room materials coordinator to maintain a stock of materials/components/lasts as dictated by design specifications.
- Ensure that all machinery and tools are well maintained and organized.
- Provide visibility of project status to cross functional teams.
- Motivate the sample room team and maintain a stable, positive working atmosphere and clear communication between teams.
- Identify weaknesses in the group's working process, evaluate the results against targets on a regular basis and take all steps necessary to keep the group focused
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of shoemaking processes, techniques, materials and technologies.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe computer programs.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- College or university degree with a focus on industrial design and/or project management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience in the footwear industry
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.