Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
This role is integral to the on-going focus on Corporate Governance for both Corporate functions and Retail Store operations (loss prevention, profit protection). It aims at:
- Enhancing Internal Controls situation at the local level
- Ensuring compliance with established Group Internal Control frameworks and Group/Market/Brand best practices and established policies
- Primary objectives are the protection of company assets as well as ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of reporting and compliance with applicable external laws and internal regulations
- Leading initiatives focused on improving the efficiency, transparency, and effectiveness of business processes. Responsible for working with management to identify opportunities for improvement, measure and analyse current business processes and redesign processes to meet the needs of a complex and growing business
- Investigating any internal or external retail crime, theft, and fraud within adidas
- Raise awareness/maintain knowledge of the Global Policy Manual on local level incl. an understanding of emerging developments and addressing of recommended policy changes to GP&IC
- Regular update of local policies (based on global policies if existing), procedures and related internal controls, based on best practices and Group requirements
- Timely coordination/execution of the local ICS testing (control reviews) re key controls incl. the mandatory documentation in BWise
- Timely coordination of the local Internal Control Systems Self-Assessment (ICS SA) process with all respective owners, as well as identification of possible improvements and gaps closing
- Support/follow Group Policies & Internal Controls (GP&IC) requests on various ICS topics
- Communication of the local/global policies and ICS requirements
- Participation in the Global ICS network incl. ICS calls, WebEx sessions, sharing of best practices
- Plan and conduct process review/audit to identify internal control issues/improvement opportunities and solutions
- Implement annual retail risk assessment and compliance audit, and keep relevant stakeholders informed of results and actions.
- Ensure internal investigations are performed in accordance with relevant professional standards, legal requirements and internal policies & procedures, and reports are issued to the relevant stakeholders.
- Global Internal Audit findings and/or Local Internal Control Review action plan follow-ups.
- Have unrestricted access to all functions, records, property, and personnel related to own retail within the group
- Allocate resources, select subjects, determine scopes of work, request meetings and apply techniques required to accomplish retail risk assessment & compliance audits, and investigation objectives.
- Country: General Manager, Heads of Department and Process Owners
- Market: SEAPAC IC & PP Team and APAC IC & PP Team
- Group: Group Internal Controls and Global Profit Protection
- External auditors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and oral English)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines in an efficient manner
- Ability to balance the need for operational efficiency and risk control
- High degree of responsibility and personal integrity
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree and above
- CIA or CPA qualification a plus
- Internal/ External auditing qualification preferred
- Audit experience with retail stores is critical
- Minimum of 5 years in similar function/position
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SAP exposure a plus
What’s on offer?
A competitive base salary, bonus scheme and adidas employee benefits are also on offer to the successful candidate.
How do I apply?
- Press the "Apply" button and follow the instructions
- You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
- Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
- Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to all individual inquiries.
adidas Group Jobs http://adidas-group.jobs/
adidas Mobile http://adidasgroupjobs.mobi/
We innovate and create to bring performance, fitness, and fashion together to celebrate individuality and propel the athlete inside all of us.
It's a place where you're connected to your favourite athlete, style icons, and people as committed to winning as you are. Where we truly believe in balancing your work and life as well as sport and style.
The adidas Group offers unlimited opportunities. Whether you're fresh out of school or have years of experience, the adidas Group offers development programs and company sport programs that allow you to be your best.
It's a passionate workplace created by original thinkers. You'll find a unique team spirit strengthened by our diversity of thought, cultures, and individuality. It's for our people who believe sport can make the world a better place.
At the adidas Group you can contribute to a proud legacy. You can shape a better future of sport, for style, and for yourself.
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to agencies: adidas Pacific does not accept any unsolicited calls or resumes from headhunters, executive recruiters, or other staffing or recruitment agencies. Please do not submit or forward any resumes, CVs or profiles to the adidas careers portal, nor to any adidas personnel. adidas will not pay any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.
- Please note that referrals are subject to the adidas Group area Pacific Talent Scout Employee Referral Policy
- Referral Bonuses are only applicable to current employees of the adidas Group area Pacific
- Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check