Purpose: This position is responsible to ensure that all standards and polices for the US inbound business are properly implemented and maintained across all business units and brands. This position would manage the flow of goods to adidas US distribution centers from origin and port of arrival. This position will also be responsible to drive process improvement and maintain SOP’s with both the drayage carriers and air forwarders
- Key stakeholder in the service performance of our drayage carriers and forwarders. This would include QC requirements, process improvement, projects, cost savings and Global initiates. Maintain a solid working relationship with our external partners to improve current service levels.
- Communicate with drayage carriers and forwarders regarding on time performance metrics, MQC, transit times, capacity challenges, change in schedules and other agreed service requirements
- Manage all ocean and airfreight shipments to adidas Group locations and align schedules to meet MAD/MDD dates to support OTIF, hard launch and SPEED initiatives
- Participate, partner and guide purchasing on supply chain projects, such as outbound scheduling and IPOPE.
- Provide supply chain solutions to help mitigate factory/DC capacity, detention & demurrage and customer demand challenges
- Manage and maintain traffic/eta integrity in SAP to provide correct WMS data for all DC locations and virtual plant codes. Insure all ETA dates are updated in the system regularly.
- Direct, coordinate and manage the communication flow to inbound scheduling personnel to ensure EDI traffic, ASN’s are accurate for DC inbound management.
- Take initiative to communicate, improve and inform all internal parties of supply chain challenges as they relate to the flow of goods. IE port congestion, equipment issues, strikes, weather.
- Support yearly ocean and airfreight tenders. Provide input on US market service, lane selection and origin communication
- Support global and regional logistics and transportation initiatives/projects related to the US inbound and co-ordinate implementation of deliverables across all brands
- Inbound freight audit, invoicing and performance metrics
- Any additional duties related to improving the business and/or business process
- Internally: CS, Order Fulfillment, Purchasing, DC Ops, Inventory, Sales, Finance, Global competence centers, GOPS functions
- Externally: Air Freight Forwarders, 3PL’s, Truckers, Railway and Facility operators
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership and management of people
- Strong communication skills and people management skills
- Systematic and statistical interpretation skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of transport and logistics business
- Good problem-solving skills and SAP/PC user skills
- Demonstrate ability to improve process/Continuous Improvement
- Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent job experience
- Min. 3+ years of management experience in the supply chain or logistics industry