***Please note this position can be based in Houston, Texas or Atlanta, Georgia***
The HR Manager will partner with Retail line of business (LOB) in areas of team performance, employee engagement, talent development, employee relations, performance management and compensation. Contribute to the HR leadership team by assisting with the development and implementation of the retail HR strategies that will help elevate HR / Operational effectiveness. Partner closely with assigned leaders and employees to ensure Global and regional HR programs are implemented and supported in accordance with adidas policy. The HR Manager will manage a Regional HR Specialist to support the creation and maintenance of efficient work processes and systems on behalf of the Retail organization.
- Primarily partner with District Managers to review, manage and optimize team performance through Performance Management, Succession Planning and Employee Development for strategic management changes
- Support Sr. HR Manager and District Managers leaders with communication plans for all strategic change and support the implementation of organization design change initiatives.
- Track key information pertaining to succession planning, turnover trends, market compensation and employee relations
- Monitor and escalate the pulse and health of the organization through identifying trends to assess and diagnose the needs of the business based on trends across markets, perform risk analysis of stores and use info to inform Dir, Retail HR manager to influence training needs
- Manages especially high-level or sensitive matters while applying effective mediation and problem-resolution techniques with a solid understanding of company policy and practice. Ensuring decisions are consistent with adidas policy to limit potential liability and enhance processes
- Drive and advocate for the retail field people strategy in ensuring it both meets the adidas Global People Strategy and is adapted appropriately to your market
- Provide direction and guidance to field leaders on the interpretation and consistent application of adidas policies, programs, initiatives on labor and employment issues/trends and employee relation needs to ensure they are creating and maintaining a positive and consistent employee relations environment
- Coordinate and manage the administration of unemployment issues, Affirmative Action, and ADA accommodations
- Provides support to the Dir, Retail HR in response to and/or resolution of EEOC, DOL, OFCCP and other labor and employment claims
Talent Development / Workforce Planning
- Partners with District Managers on the development and execution of their staffing plan to ensure internal pipeline of management candidates meet the demands of projected growth
- Drive development through quarterly performance standards as well as talent and succession discussions.
- Identify employee development opportunities and implement education and training on tools, resources and partners as to promote self-sufficiency and leadership capabilities
- As needed, may assist or deliver training to Directors, District Managers, and Store Managers
HR Administration /Processes
- Build partnerships with management and establish a valuable consultative role within the organization at all levels within the LOB to ensure HR initiatives, programs, and policies are fully understood and implemented within the LOB
- Drive and support company/Retail HR initiatives
- Educate employees on Company policies and procedures
- Solves routine problems in HR: takes initiative to modify procedures, policies, systems and processes as appropriate
- Meeting support at company/regional/district level: Content development & platform speaking
- Works with HR Services to ensure HR processes are executed within the retail business
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish a strong rapport and professional credibility with individuals in order to influence at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business and see hidden problems.
- High degree of understanding in retail sales drivers, financial reports and retail business acumen
- Comfortable operating under high workload and juggling competing priorities
- Advanced MS Office Skills and ability to learn and understand database concepts (SAP)
- Ability to function independently and problem solve with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Excellent influence, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, follow-up and creative solution generation skills
- Ability to influence senior level business leaders
Retail HR Team, Other cross functional NAM HR team members, employees and hiring managers within assigned client group, Payroll, Accounts payable, Travel, etc.
- Four year college or university degree, preferably with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Business or related area
- Minimum of 5 years generalist or combined specialist experience
- Previous HR experience in a larger, corporate structure, matrixed company environment preferred
- Prior experience working with Retail; relevant industry experience highly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
- Travel as needed to support a store base of approximately 75 plus locations, in some cases with limited or no notice.