At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Do you have the ambition to go ‘all in’ and apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Can you drive cross functional projects by employing excellent organisational skills and attention to detail? Do you want to help shape the future of sport by helping to shape the way we make product? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Have you ever dreamed about applying your potential to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas FUTURE team is currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals wanting to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative we want to hire the best talents to join our high performing team in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture, develop and communicate our product. The adidas FUTURE team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear, apparel, hardware and manufacturing projects, driven to create the best for the athlete. As a FUTURE team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your competence towards advanced company projects.
Role Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develop market leading concepts, components, products and processes, as a part of a team who improve brand competitiveness through product and technology leadership and enable adidas to deliver added value to consumers and athletes.
- Maintain broad perspective as part of a cross-functional team (creative, legal, strategy, retail, communications, marketing, engineering) to deliver high-performing concepts
- Manage internal and external projects that drive innovation toward consumer and sport-specific innovations
- Coordinate internal and external efforts supporting innovative ideas from concept, prototyping, testing and refinement through transition to internal teams for commercialization
- Run innovative projects, set project objectives, define project phases, and use project resources economically to deliver practical results
- Conduct external and internal projects revolving around enhancements in production
- Manage collaborations with manufacturing partners to help automation projects in new locations
- Collaborate with internal analytics teams to evaluate the public response to technical products and innovations
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
- Curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- University degree in engineering
- 3 years of working experiences in project management of technical projects
- Fluent English (required), German (advantageous)
- Communicate and negotiate effectively
- Cooperate well, develop and maintain relationships
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Plan working time efficiently, balancing short term tasks with long term goals
- Strong analytical skills, solution driven and result oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.