Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This role is responsible for leading the sell-in for Franchise clients based on Retail assortment plans for the region. Responsible for the store categorization project and deliver on time the sample orders for each of the countries by partner. Constant analysis of sell-out data for franchise doors and accounts to provide fact based merchandising recommendations to clients during the negotiation phase, season sales and buy check.
- Define the assortment planning that goes into Franchise stores in the market.
- Ensure the given budget for the channel is invested to achieve targets by client and doors by effectively building the range/assortment plan in DTC.
- Own the financial planning on a business segment and store level.
- Guide the General Merchandising Manager and Franchise Planner in the buy of our Franchise partners by using tools and procedures from our own stores in coordination with the DTC category Sr. Managers.
- Lead the implementation of Retail Merchandising strategies with local teams aligned with Franchise targets.
- Constantly analyze sell-out data from Franchise doors and provide recommendations to the General Merchandising Manager and Franchise Planner taking various dimensions into consideration like, consumer- & sell-out trends, key product concepts, space management, and category analysis.
- Responsible of tracking merchandising KPI´s for the channel such as: Standard Margin, Weeks Cover, Net Sales @ FP, Sell Thru, Full Price Sell Thru, exclusives, Marketing Campaign Investment, Speed, Option Turn, Promise Attribute, Franchise Investment and have a buy check with the partner at the end of the season.
- Own the store categorization project for Franchise in LAM to ensure the correct product segmentation.
- Ensure partners receive in the correct time and aligned with the E2E process the sample orders by door to achieve high overlap between Franchise and Own Retail.
- Maximize in-season business by defining action plans (additional buys ISC, NOOS, PR, pull forward) and working closely with the DTC GMM by taking commercial decision across DTC Channels.
- Guide the countries with the correct execution of the Go to Market strategy (RID, Exclusives, Pre-launch, prices) in the market with the direction and guidance of the DTC Category Senior Managers.
- Strategically coordinate with Franchise Planners the end of season strategy (markdown policy, carry forward, product phasing, end of season sale, new season availability tracking,
- % returns approved by contract)
- Drive constant improvement of product & assortment plan efficiency
- Monitoring replenishment parameters and stock outs and close cooperation with Order Book to maximize short term business opportunities
- Lead additional category related projects.
- Lead Merchandising Trainings for franchise partners.
- Store and market visits with Franchise Partners as needed and advised by the business.
- All DTC LAM functions
- Franchise Planner
- LAM Franchise Director
- Supply Chain
- Go to Market (GTM) local teams
- CTC Market
- Demand Planning
- Business Franchise Partners
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presentation and persuading skills
- Commercial driven personality
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Structured, organized and process oriented
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Lives and breathes sport and fashion and anticipates consumer trends
- Language Skills: Spanish mother tongue or very well, English advanced (oral & writing)
- IT Skills: Excel excellent / Word, Excel and PPT Advanced
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in merchandising
- Industry: ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG
- Exposure: sports, fashion