adidas delivers Events both internally, with partners and independently globally. adidas places the safety of people at the forefront of Company policy. To deliver safe and successful events Event Risk & Operations provide governance in Event Risk (Security & Safety), producing; policy, guidance, training and operational support throughout the adidas.
The groups understanding of the importance in providing and demonstrating a ‘duty of care’ has resulted in a greater need for Event Risk support, to service this need it is necessary for an increase in departmental resource. The Event Risk Manager will oversee implementation of strategy and deliver guidance and ensure policy implementation for Events globally through the use of the Event Risk Platform, operationally and working with internal and external stakeholders. The role is dynamic and will involve a varied work schedule with involvement in a wide range of Global Events and managing the Global Events Platform.
- Drive and support the implementation of Event Risk strategy
- Assist in major events Security & Safety planning
- Event platform ownership. With responsibility to develop, improve and manage the global events platform to facilitate successful events at the adidas group.
- Develop the World wide roll out of the Events Platform, preparing the markets for the adoption of the system.
- Ownership of data analysis of the Events Platform so that data can be used to assess areas of weakness and improvement. Also collaborating with internal Audit on data supply.
- Understand the business focus for events and enable this focus whilst ensuring complete compliance.
- Work with external vendors to produce useful tools for risk mitigation.
- Deliver training and support to market Co-ordinators and key stakeholders.
- Develop the guidance for key areas of Event Risk.
- Work with a variety of different departments on a wide range of projects including training and development of best practise on safety and security.
- Incident and crisis management planning/ training.
- Operational support at major Events (Olympics, Football WC etc.) globally.
- Drive department communications to the broader adidas family.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (English)
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel 2010, Word, Access 2010) skills.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work load and plan.
- Ability to dynamically adapt to a changing situation.
- Previous operational events experience
- Incident management or training
- Data analysis
- Education with Degree level qualification
- Event experience with Adidas Group or externally preferred
- Security experience beneficial