Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Accelerating eCommerce is a key pillar of our overall 2020 strategy for China A key lever for future growth plans is to have a strong product & merchandising strategy with product as one of the key USP.
As the Buying Manager, she/he will be responsible for managing and developing the merchandising plans for responsible category (SP or SS) in online business. Primary goal of this person would be to have merchandising plans to achieve the overall financial objectives of while in alignment overall BU and CTC priorities.
- Responsible for range architecture and selection of ‘what product the consumer sees’ for responsible category.
- Mange your assigned category thru:
- Range selections basis range architecture across .com/Tmall.com/JD.com and agreed OTB & range size targets
- Actual range selection during GMM/GBC/Trade meetings every season
- Range and buy sign-offs
- On-time handover of sizing & FC for procurement teams.
- Deliver financial and range efficiency targets i.e. OTB, Sell-thru, Stock-turn and Net margin targets for responsible category
- Responsible and accountable for Net sales, Sell through, Std. margin
- Own & lead the overall range management
- Internal alignment & coordination with key stakeholders to efficiently launch products, manage sell-thru and promotions within the season.
- Manage deliverables with BU/MOPS/SCM/Warehouse management teams to deliver
- Category targets
- OTB, Inventory planning, sell-through & stock turn
- Handover range and forecasts at agreed timelines to ensure timely POs ( Pre-Season)
- Management of phasing & giving timely signals to Demand planning to pursue replenishment/re-order of fast moving articles ( In-Season)
- BU & CTC
- eCommerce Marketing Activation
- eCommerce Operations
- eCommerce Site optimization& UX
- SCM & Purchasing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of Merchandising, ranging & forecasting.
- Good knowledge of all eCommerce channels/online marketing
- Strong project management skills & influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and fact-based orientation in decision making
- Strong communication skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in product marketing, range management & merchandising preferably with a background in sporting goods.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Experienced in working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to establish efficient and scalable processes
- Experienced in working cross-functional within international organization
- Fluent Business English