Manages the evaluation of creation tools and systems for Apparel regarding efficiency, quality and usability. Supports the development and roll-out of new system technologies and processes for product creation teams in close collaboration with Creation Center teams (Design, Marketing, Product Operations), Sourcing and T1.
- Translates the creation system strategy and business requirements into pilot projects for Apparel products to identify efficient workflows and innovative processes.
- Supports pilot projects with functional pattern and development expertise to ensure business relevance.
- Identifies issues within existing creation processes for apparel and suggests process improvement options, i.e. through selection of solution oriented applications.
- Manages and coordinates actively the roll-out of new technical solutions and related processes from the inception to execution.
- Partially steers the proactive development of software applications that are aligned with the overall creation systems strategy.
- Works with supervisor and business counterparts in evaluating new process technologies for their applicability and value to the business.
- Supports process technology researches by visiting fairs, conferences and using the internet.
- Establishes working relationships with internal and external interfaces to support an outstanding and comprehensive application development that improves the product creation process.
- Conducts trainings of all process related technologies/applications to internal customers, creates training plans and tracks training results.
- Mentors new hires if required
- Creation Center teams (Design, Marketing, Product Operations)
- Strategy & Projects
- Creative Direction
- Global IT & IT Innovations
- Global Sourcing
- internal and external interfaces
Knowledge, Experiance and Capabilities
- Excellent software knowledge/skills (CAD software, 3D tools, graphic software, avatars)
- Advanced knowledge in pattern creation with the ability to provide effective and cost-efficient pattern solutions
- Advanced understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit
- Knowledge of manufacturing/engineering technologies
- Strong team player/communicator with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse groups, motivate or mentor others and a proven skill at problem solving and innovation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced IT skills (Illustrator, MS Office)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Technical college/fashion school training in pattern making / grading, “Meisterbrief” or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2-3 years related work experience in garment industry in comparable role