Manages the pattern creation process for BU CORE in collaboration with Creation Centre teams - Design, Marketing, Product Operations - and T1 and the transition to Digital E2E creation. Support CORE strategy and global framework by driving processes, standards and methodologies in collaboration with Marketing, Design, Fabric and M.E (Manufacturing Excellence) to achieve modular goals and objectives to achieve a consistent brand identity through Quality, Speed and Value for CORE products.
Implement company’s strategic business and systems direction into digital through product creation and technical infrastructure for apparel 3D within BU Core.
Manage product operations process for selected digital ranges in BU Cores transition into 100% digital creation E2E. Drive process, methodologies and technical information in collaboration with Marketing, Design MDA and T1 to ensure the completion of sampling and production of apparel through Digital software. Manage strategic direction for the Modular business model in BU Core including pattern reduction & yield efficiency to achieve a consistent brand identity through Quality, Speed and Value for CORE products.
- Leads and drives the basic pattern selection process and understands CORE Apparel needs to determine future basic pattern requirements across both genders and all size ranges.
- Drives the Global Basic Pattern process, consistent fit and pattern reduction in Blanko.
- Develop new basic and new model patterns, drive the pattern creation with X-functional partners based on market requirements; maintains the information in the product creation system and ensures that new patterns are wear tested as needed.
- Works on an ongoing basis on new solutions to reach creative pattern goals, by using Clo 3D, V-stitcher and Gerber.
- Understands and considers relationship between pattern/material/features and usage/yields for transition to digital creation.
- Supports Digital Pattern projects, including tool development and smart solutions to enable the future of Digital and CORE.
- Assist to develop and implement processes and frameworks relating to BU CORE in Patterns and development.
- Handling of Horizontal product type basic patterns
- Key contact for inclusive sizing patterns in Core
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Excellent understanding of Modular and its key principles features, fabrics and compliance.
- Understanding in advanced knowledge in pattern creation and grading with the ability to provide effective and cost-efficient pattern solutions and an understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit
- Ability to interpret and evaluate designs on model level in regard to pattern execution/engineering
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
- Confident in all aspects of production, garment construction and manufacturing
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Effective communication, team player and ability to teach others
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (All Microsoft programmes) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Advanced skills in Gerber or similar CAD programs
- Advanced knowledge in V-Stitcher or similar 3D programs
- CLO 3D Knowledge or similar 3D software
- Technical college/fashion school training in pattern making / grading, “Meisterbrief” or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2-3 years related work experience in garment industry in comparable role