At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Manage the footwear product development process by supporting the respective Business Unit(s) and directly interact with Tier 1 supply partners and LO’s. Provide effective transition of footwear designs from the prototyping stage through commercialization and into production.
- Take accountability for the entire development management process for assigned category, with an emphasis on quality product engineering and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the corporate operating calendar
- Ensure that new projects are engineered in accordance with cost targets and secure initial FOB cost quotes and follow-up price adjustments
- Support the Development Management team on all mould making and injection part developments
- Prototyping, engineering and implementation of new & innovative footwear designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
- Ensure that all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas’s quality standards
- Engineer workable prototypes which address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability
- Frequent travel to Liaison offices in Asia and Europe to support follow-up activities necessary in the product creation process
- Numerous organizational tasks and communications responsibilities including Sample Request Form completion; use Product Data Management System (PDM) e.g. create and update Bill of Materials; Management of Colourway Activation process; e-mail, phone & fax communication world-wide and all related organizational requirements
- Work closely with Business Units, Materials Research, Product Testing, and offshore Development in managing designated projects to a successful product introduction
- Work with Marketing, Development, Design and Advanced Development developing and commercializing finished product which supports the Business Units’ strategy for seasonal product introductions
- Use the competence and experience in engineering and simulating to drive engineering related projects aimed to team needs in order to avoid failure, increase performance of components and products. Identify and clarify product parameters that effect performance. Engineer new innovated components for performance functionality. Evaluate concept and design options for functionality beyond visual aesthetics.
- Business Units
- Materials Research
- Product Testing
- offshore Development
- Project Management
- Advanced Development
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand 2D images in 3D
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-Point / e-mail management)
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Ideally would be a technical training in footwear engineering and product development and also knowledge of sourcing
- Management training preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
- 5 years or less related work experience in the footwear industry, specializing in product engineering, design and / or marketing. Proven record of accomplishment in the field of footwear engineering.
- Project management experience
- Strong experience in using and understanding CAE & CAD tools
- Experience in product development, ideally in related industry
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.