- Fully accountable for development, commercialization, product integrity, manufacturability, Create to Value (CTV), performance to target FOB of a selection of product within a category.
- Manage the development and commercialization process of assigned products in collaboration with Tier 1 factory personnel and technical teams. Provides specific technical expertise to ensure effective transition of footwear design into samples and production while ensuring the manufacturability, material selection, material standards, development timeline and cost to target are met.
- Supervise the direct development process between Headquarter/Creation Center Project Management and Tier 1 factory ensuring that Create to Value approach and product integrity is at the paramount priority and focus.
- Supervise junior development staffs in continuous upgrades of technical applications and processes and implementation of new technology in development and engineering.
- Manage junior team member and/or factory direct developer and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives.
- Operationally, account for development/commercialization area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Explain product requirement and standards to factory and /or LO teams to achieve shared goals.
- Influence HQ (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, Quality) and external parties (factory Development /Commercialization & Production) and drive change using principle centered vs policy driven with adi Dassler Standards as the center of focus in managing/ solving conflicts.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues)
- Execute defined directives.
- Headquarters Product Teams (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, Product Creation & Tooling)
- Factory Dev teams.
- Tier 2 material suppliers
- Other Global Operations/Sourcing functions –costing, Material, Planning, Product Testing, Quality/Lab
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have development and engineering knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Have a strong engineering and creative mindset.
- With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex development/ commercialization issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- German, Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese language knowledge an advantage.