- Represent the business unit(s) for the assigned suppliers and oversee that key milestones of the product creation process are met between creation centres (CC) and suppliers.
- Ensure that the suppliers meet all key milestones and KPIs of the product creation process on time and with quality for defined categories.
- Key involvement in the escalation of issues which cannot be resolved by CC and the supplier.
- Understand and implement all transfer policies ensuring product integrity (quality, aesthetics, cost) is maintained at all phases of the process with minimal or no delay in production timing.
- Ensure product is developed and engineered with focus on productivity and manufacturing efficiency without compromising product quality.
- Continuously build up category specific capabilities within the internal and supplier teams and be the spokesperson for the category in the supplier group/OC.
- Work with manufacturers and suppliers in continuous upgrades of technical applications and processes including the development and implementation of new technologies.
- Drive effective teamwork by actively coaching and supporting internal and supplier team members to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Brand Operations
- Transport & Logistics
Knowledge, skills and abilities: (to be derived from skills assessment)
- Management experience, including leading , developing and motivating people and building effective teams
- Strong understanding of apparel manufacturing
- Good understanding of costing principles
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four year college or university degree
- At least 5 years of related work experience in the apparel industry in a technical capacity with managerial experience