Manage the responsible category’s costing activities independently in support of brand product target FOB and margin requirements
- Maintain a fact-based and predictable costing environment and ensure consistent execution of all standard costing processes across products, categories and factories
- In accordance with product development calendars, manage end-to-end costing verification and negotiation for any footwear products, including but not limited to Cost Break Downs review, tooling amortization tracking and settlement, MOQ tracking, ledger claim follow up, cost controlling coordination and costing audit support
- Communicate, convince and collaborate closely with all relevant teams such as BU Costing, LO operation (Development, Material), T1 or key T2 to ensure that products are developed to cost targets and to support cost optimization
- Provide timely, fact-based, quality cost information to Senior Costing Manager, BU, Management Center, factories and other LO offices (as needed). Lead sub-parts of or take active part in costing projects (such as standardization or infrastructure development)
- Test, roll out, maintain all relevant costing (related) systems
- Lead coaching and training of LO employees and factory costing in all aspects of the costing procedures and systems.
- Manage reporting Costing Specialists if in charge of a team in specific location.
- Ensures business relationships between adidas and the assigned factory(ies) and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
- Internal customer: HQ both brands adidas and Reebok costing and product teams. LO operation teams and other departments. Ensure collaborative partnerships are maintained at highest level to achieve adidas’s overall objective.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of FW product construction and manufacturing
- Good understanding of end to end costing process
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid IT skills (email, MS office, Excel, Access)
- Strong integrity
- Strong English communication skills (both written and verbal) in a global business setting
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or university degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experiences in relevant industry