This position will directly contribute to the Corporate Internal Audit mission to provide independent, objective assurance for the purpose of improving the effectiveness of business risk management, internal controls, and governance processes throughout adidas. The Internal Audit Manager is tasked with contributing to the completion of audit projects under the supervision of a Senior Manager. This is an exciting position offering learning, development and travel opportunities in an international environment within a multi-cultural, sports enthusiastic team focused on “creating the new” and “beating our best” every day. Corporate Internal Audit team members are value-adding business partners focused on supporting adidas in creating a sound governance, risk and compliance framework which secures achievement of strategic objectives.
Audit projects come from the annual audit plan based on risk assessments for all auditable entities or processes throughout the company, or on an ad-hoc basis as requested. The position provides development opportunities within the company with ambition to build an international career in the sporting goods industry according to performance achievements. The role requires a high level of mobility with desire to travel to company locations across the globe, as business related travel intensity can range up to 40% per year.
- Coordinate and execute throughout all phases of audit projects – planning, execution, completion and reporting – as assigned. Complete quality, thorough and fact based documentation of audit work throughout all deliverables.
- Planning: participate in audit risk assessments and scope definition, lead planning inquiry meetings and review relevant information in advance of audit; document relevant information in the planning section of the audit file and propose audit scope.
- Fieldwork: execute audit procedures, including preparation of audit work papers in support of the audit scope; help ensure that audit work is properly documented and concluded upon, as well as filed and stored appropriately. Update audit project lead on all key issues and clear all coaching and development notes from working papers. Update audit entity management of observations and findings to confirm and validate issues. Document audit issues and recommendations in sufficient detail and quality for inclusion in audit report.
- Completion: drive the preparation of audit closing presentation, including audit rating determination by scope section and overall. Present topics of responsibility during audit closing meeting.
- Reporting: participate in audit report writing phase, including for all issues and any assigned sections and executive summary topics. Perform detailed review and quality check of finished product before submission for internal review of senior leadership.
- Continuously expand and upgrade knowledge and skills by utilising resources such as reading materials, and attending training workshops.
- Active collaboration in the preparation and delivery of opening & closing presentations to management of the audited entity.
- Work closely with management of the audit entity and HQ functions, interacting on key findings with the audit team, CAO, and other Corporate Internal Audit senior leadership team members.
- Enhance day-to-day processes and suggest solutions, develop and enhance internal audit tools (audit programs, testing templates), share best practices.
- Develop and provide expertise for control expectations, obtain breadth of understanding of key processes, systems, initiatives and business models and continuously develop professional expertise.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective English presentation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing and composure in conveying information within the organisation.
- Highly results driven and self-motivated team player with compassion, integrity, trust and perseverance.
- Ability to accept and meet deadlines, involving effective time management capacity.
- High degree of customer orientation, and good communication skills to connect with people and management styles across different cultures.
- Effective listening skills, including ability to translate content from interviews in to meaningful information.
- Good analytic capabilities to manage large volume of information from multiple sources with high degree of business acumen and professional scepticism. Experience with data analytics extremely beneficial.
- Fluent or good knowledge of one or more foreign languages would be strong value add (including German, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Russian).
- Strong software knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, ERP systems.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Recognised university degree, with good academic standing in Commerce / Business Administration / Finance / Controlling.
- 3-5 years external and / or internal audit experience, preferably within “Big 4” audit firm or multi-national organisation.
- Evidence of training or discipline specialisation relevant to industry and Corporate business model and channels (IT, Fraud, Supply Chain, Wholesale, Retail, eCommerce, Finance).
- Degree of mobility with desire to travel to locations globally (business related travel intensity up to 40% per year).
- Experience working with SAP preferred
- Experience working in TeamMate+ audit software beneficial
- A passion for sports.