Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To drive profitable and sustainable growth and market share development through the creation of country/cluster marketplace transformation plans and execution of strategic priorities.
- To ensure consumer obsession is at the core of all decisions through the provision of business insights and market intelligence.
- To support and enhance management processes to create optimal leadership and decision making.
Within the FRANCE cluster role there will also be the requirement to lead, manage and participate in Europe/Global projects and activities to support an extended Europe Business Development function.
- Through use of Market Intelligence, combined with internal insights, appraise and identify potential for additional business opportunities for sustainable growth or market share development and highlight any risks that need to be mitigated.
- Ensure industry and business knowledge is up to date to provide strong insights to strategic and operational projects. Suggest new and creative sources of data and insights to ensure macro, sports industry specific, competitor, customer and consumer trends provided are relevant and useful.
- Relationships with France management team & key stake holders : define key needs
- Relationships with key partners
- NPD: challenge the status quo in conjunction with Europe BD team in order to deliver top end market analysis, triggering actions & winning formula. Managing overall internal communication on this matter, including All employee meetings twice / year with utmost quality & impact
- Agencies : awareness of industry winners & innovative methodologies, with strong connection with Mediacom agencies among others
- Academic partners in conjunction with HR:
- deliver a outstanding network of schools from a BD standpoints, in tune with priorities & core competencies of our partners, providing opportunities to enrich our actions plans.
- Deliver state of the art data crunching, formalized the best way possible
- Face of France within Europe BD community & global stake holders
- Coordination with sell out teams, making sure we see the MS panels / internal datas with a consolidated view
- External companies:
- lead connection as adidas representatives with Business intelligence with counterparts in big corporations
- represents adidas voice with professional syndicates (union sport & cycle)
- Budget & process owner, ensuring the best return of investment for BD team, in conjunction with all key stake holders.
Strategic Business Plan (currently the Creating the New plan)
- Drive focus on the Europe (WE) strategic pillars of the Creating the New plan through to roll out and implementation.
- Support workstreams within the local cluster integrated business attack plan, providing a consolidated brand (adidas and Reebok), category, channel and country level assessment, framework and ambition, in conjunction with BD head,
- Identify and support the delivery of initiatives, aligned to WE priorities, to support the achievement of the country/cluster plan and ambition.
- Support and drive evolution in processes and organizational adjustment to promote a harmonized WE approach to delivering the Creating the New strategic priorities.
Program and Project Management
- Ensure all approved projects are aligned to EUROPE priorities.
- Support business case development for new initiatives through to approval by relevant stakeholders.
- Drive high project standards and consistency through provision and use of consistent project management tools and best practice advice.
- Provide ongoing communication and tracking of progress for priority projects to the Leadership Team and identified stakeholders, highlighting successes and interventions required, and assessing ultimate impact and learning.
- Lead, facilitate, manage and support specific cross-functional projects and change management as required, based on EUROPE and local priorities.
- Support local Leadership to optimize FRANCE focus on strategy and business accelerators, in tune with BD directo
- Contribute to continuous improvement in Leadership topics with feedback and ideas based on best practice.
- Showcase the FRANCE business in preparing presentations and content for visitors and specific meetings.
- Drive of All employee meetings (quality of content & set up) challenging the senior leadership team and driving 1 consistent agenda)
To be agreed in the scope/approval of individual projects.
- FRANCE Sales and Brand functions to develop integrated category and channel plans.
- Key cities team to provide business intelligence support
- FRANCE FP&A team for support in developing business cases and information for Leadership presentations.
- EUROPE Business Development for liaison on project management and strategic priorities.
- Any function in FRANCE/ Europe as stakeholders may be different depending on projects.
- External project stakeholders – e.g. customers, suppliers, consultants, agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully delivering cross-functional projects, ideally with Marketing, Sales or Operations experience.
- Consumer centricity & survey management
- Microsoft Project advanced user Excel, Power point, thinkcell
- Strong strategic acting and high visionary thinking in addition to operational skills.
- High degree of commercial and business acumen.
- Able to easily form productive and respectful business relationships across diverse countries, cultures and functions.
- Strong project and people management skills.
- High personal impact and strong communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Additional languages are a positive benefit.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years in people and cross-functional project management.
- Consumer centricity experience is a must have (survey management, panels understanding)
- Broad strategic, commercial and operational experience
- Graduate – Bac +5