Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To manage and support brand protection programmes for the adidas Group mainly in South Korea as well as any assigned country in Asia.
- Create / adapt our brand protection program in one or two of the countries, as opposed to just managing existing program;
- To provide general support and assist with all aspects relating to the creation, maintenance, protection and enforcement of adidas Group intellectual property rights.
Intellectual Property Enforcement
- Police the market (including Internet) for counterfeit adidas Group products and other infringements of adidas Group intellectual property rights (for example stripes infringements);
- Carry out identification of suspected counterfeit adidas Group products (including those detained by Customs) and provide accurate statements/affidavits to enable successful prosecution of counterfeiters;
- Maintain and develop relationships with Customs, Police, Intellectual Property Office and Prosecutors (including regular training and coaching sessions for enforcement authorities in product identification, attendance at raids and general support with prosecution process) with a view to encouraging them to identify, seize and destroy counterfeits and prosecute infringers;
- Supervise destruction of counterfeit adidas Group products and products which infringe adidas Group intellectual property rights;
- Attend meetings organised by local anti-counterfeiting/IP associations and conduct relevant road shows/expositions (lobbying) to support and develop anti-counterfeiting network in South Korea and drive actions (where possible);
- Compile training materials for internal and external use regarding product identification of adidas Group products;
- Participate in and drive activities for the promotion of awareness of intellectual property matters to the adidas Group, including trainings and presentations to local adidas Group businesses in Asia with a view to gaining their help and support and managing expectations;
- Liaise and share information with other members in the global team regarding brand protection activities;
Act as the front line manager and initial point of contact for all intellectual property related matters when dealing with vendors and other adidas Group business units;
- Supervise agents and service providers in conducting enforcement actions;
- Provide support for the Global team on name and design clearance and research on intellectual property issues;
- Support defence of claims and litigation.
Security Label Program
- Act as the front line manager and initial point of contact for all matters related to the security label program including dealing with any business entities for adidas South Korea on any issues related to the program;
- Be responsible for factory audits in South Korea, to ensure factories are following adidas Group policies on security label; to identify any loopholes to enhance the overall management efficiency in terms of the security label program
- Continuously review label usage by factories and whether the control procedures are properly followed, which are the core of the security label program in order to prevent from any possible production irregularities
- Review the security label system regularly to ensure smooth operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent client relations skills (including ability to interact with clients at all levels from most senior to most junior);
- Good written and verbal communication skills required;
- Strong background in IP laws or Civil/Criminal laws;
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload;
- Strong team player;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Law Degree is a must;
- 4-5 years of Brand Protection experience in IP related laws or civil laws in Asia;
- Familiar with court procedures
- Experience in a similar role within a multinational company preferred.