Excellence in paid media is one of the pillars of our overall Amazon Digital Marketing strategy and is of vital importance for our adidas traffic generation within Amazon. You are a key member of the Amazon Digital Marketing team, responsible for all steps in creating and executing Amazon search media campaigns and optimizing marketing effectiveness using a test and learn approach. This position will create and execute the adidas US Amazon Paid Media strategy, in partnership with the Trade Marketing team and Amazon Advertising group and will work with varied stakeholders to ensure its successful implementation.
You will fully support the channel objectives to drive high quality traffic to the adidas products on Amazon to accelerate revenue growth. With a primary focus on profitability, you will also connect with Brand Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales colleagues to fully exploit all paid media opportunities for Amazon. You will play a key role within the adidas US Digital Partner Commerce team and collaborate closely with the broader US Digital Activation team to help create a US-based center of excellence.
• Plan, set up, manage and report on media campaigns, in conjunction with Amazon Advertising partners. • Be the go-to on the team for Amazon media KPIs; determine right KPIs based on channel goals, ranging from awareness to traffic to online sales conversions and performance • Synthesize market insights and signals such as search data into actionable insights and recommendations towards business objectives • Be the expert on the latest in paid search and provide thought leadership to the team on the ever-changing landscape in search / social / programmatic / olv domain, including new products o Execute in Amazon platform: o On time delivery of audience research, planning and launch of all test and scale efforts o Influencing and managing media budgets, including drafting and revising media flowcharts o Campaign trafficking, reporting and optimizing in-market media o Campaign analysis that surfaces the what and so what tied to marketing and business objectives • Work collaboratively cross-functionally with the US Digital Marketing team, Merchandising, and Sales to consistently stay apprised of inventory levels and product lifecycles that will better inform our paid media strategy across categories. • Responsible for overseeing media budget, evaluating performance of different areas, and reallocating accordingly based on performance. • Responsible for top and bottom line growth to achieve sales, ROI, and contribution goals. • Manage any associated direct vendor or platform relationships to improve overall performance • Drive testing, reporting, analysis and optimization on paid media performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvement
• US Digital Partner Commerce team (Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales) • Amazon Retail and Advertising external teams • US Digital Activation Team • US Brand/Digital Marketing and Newsroom teams, Portland and New York • Digital Marketing agencies, vendors and publishers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Proven Amazon media skills, optimization, and bid management techniques; experience managing high volume growth targets for complex media campaigns • Experience managing large media budgets and hitting monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for spend, revenue, ROI, and other KPIs as determined by the business • Ability to produce regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management that aligns with and accomplishes business goals • Ability to balance pure media goals with overall business goals and brand priorities • Extremely analytical, data driven and a clear, independent thinker, able to efficiently distill complex information into strategic actionable recommendations • Familiarity with the broader online marketing context (i.e. natural search, display, paid social, affiliates, comparison shopping engines, product feeds). Knowledge of attribution modelling is beneficial. • Ambitious, profit driven and interested in the broader business context. A desire to grow this channel with a strong work ethic and diligence • Strong attention to detail, flawless execution, time management, planning & organizational skills • Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines • Ability to manage and influence others directly and indirectly; previous experience managing people is a plus • Strong communication and interpersonal skills, team player, and able to build strong relationships quickly • An interest in exploiting technology to automate and scale key processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; marketing, business, or computer science focus a plus
- 3-5 years hands-on paid search, display media experience (ideally both agency and client side)
- Proficiency within the Amazon ecosystem.
- Experience with campaign management platforms: Kenshoo, Marin, or similar