Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
This position is responsible for air transportation operations at adidas. This position owns the strategic and operational processes and relationships to ensure that performance and service levels are consistently met.
- Responsible for the development of air transportation strategy, optimizing product flow as well as building capabilities to meet OTIF delivery targets
- Develops/implements/monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) with specific focus on speed, cost, and service quality metrics.
- Lead/assist recurring performance review calls with carriers and 3PL provider based upon data analysis, scorecards and customer feedback resulting in development of corrective action plans.
- Own process excellence and improvement efforts in the inbound supply chain that contribute to sustainable growth for the organization.
- Ensure inbound systems and reporting integrity for optimal tracking of inbound supply chain visibility.
- Internally: Supply Planning, Inbound Planning, Distribution Centers, Customer Service, Customs, Sales, and Finance
- Externally: air forwarders/LSPs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analysis and data management skills with demonstrated ability to organize data and extract insights in a logical manner
- Attention to detail and ability to navigate systems to obtain data required.
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Transportation process.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MicroStrategy, GT Nexus, and Tableau.
- A consensus building, upbeat leader
- Ability to take ownership of a project, prioritizes effectively, and ultimately drives the project through to completion.
- Self-motivated, high energy that can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams across multiple businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both formal and informal communications
- Must have strong verbal and presentation skills; to conduct meetings and make presentations to senior leaders/project teams
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S in Analytics, Business or Engineering. Six Sigma preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience in transportation operations