Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The position is responsible for researching trends. Ideation of new concepts and creating compelling garments to meet the brand aesthetic. The Maker's Lab team support Accessories Design, Footwear and Graphics teams, to ensure that each garment meets the categories product brief and the seasonal design directions set by the Creative Director and Senior management team.
- Execute prototyes (patternmaking, sewing and construction) for design reviews, reporting to the Maker's Lab Manager, based on design director approval.
- Experiment and produce new design solutions (innovation).
- Execute protos for design reviews for designers, based on design director approval.
- Design and execute pro active design solutions to be included in future inline collections
- Teach the design team to use the maker’s lab and his machines.
- Innovation Design
- Materials Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge of patternmaking, sewing and construction of accessories.
- Experience working with different fabrics, trims and technical materials.
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills.
Requite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural design, apparel, footwear, accessories or graphic design.
- Knowledge of accessories prototype construction.
- Advanced level in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop a plus.
- Knowledge of garment construction.