Area: Emerging Markets
Subsidiary/country: South Africa
Location: Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line: Local Sourcing Manager
Indirect/secondary reporting line: Director SCM EM
GSMS Grade: P2
Number of Personnel Managed: None
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
- Responsible for the development and coordination of Local Articles in line with the required specifications and time lines.
- Build and maintain credible relationships with internal and external parties to ensure the success of the Local Sourcing team.
- New Article Creation tool (NAC) adidas – to assist with the information required to process local article numbers. i.e. Vendor info, Pricing and Fabric info
- NAC Reebok – using the NAC process doc, create new local articles for the season
- Managing seasonal timelines with both adidas and Reebok Concept to Consumer (CTC) teams.
- Liaising with local BU’s when required to ensure the success of the range and the Local Sourcing team.
- Validating that the correct info has filtered into SAP and having errors corrected in Range Management Tool (RMA) to ensure both systems align. i.e. (prices; vendors; lead times).
- Creation and development of the CAD & Tech packs in line with agreed time lines
- Presentation and briefing of Tech packs to the adidas and Reebok CTC teams for approvals and or amendment sign offs.
- Providing updated and signed off Tech packs to the necessary Vendors within agreed time lines for sample creation.
- Liaising with Suppliers when changes are made and to make sure new costings are sent through and updated in all systems.
- Tracking of articles with Suppliers, based on the critical path to make sure the product is delivered on time – (lab dips; strike-offs; QC samples)
- Engaging with Quality Control team for updated specifications per season.
- Following up with QC team on any quality related approvals for production to ensure the critical path is achieved.
- Reporting – Supplier performance; Sample tracker file; branding and printing trackers, Price Basket exercises; Prices & Margins; FC units vs landed as well as system to system reporting checks.
- Overseeing special branding projects by liaising with all relevant players internally and external eg: OMOM; Orlando Pirates etc.
Key Relationships, internal and external
- Local Sourcing Manager
- adidas & Reebok CTC Team
- Relevant Global BU Managers
- OBF (inbound; outbound)
- Sports Marketing
- Purchasing Team
- Customer Service
- Quality Control team
- Sales Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- MS Office (Excel; Outlook; Word; PowerPoint)
- SAP knowledge
- CAD capabilities (Adobe illustrator)
- Language skills: English fluent
- Garment construction
- Fabric knowledge
- Apparel factory process understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal presence capable of handling and self-motivation.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
- Ability to challenge the way in which things are done
- Steer projects independently
- Good team player with the 3 C’s at the heart of what you do