Are you #heretocreate the future of sport with us? Are you ready to put the books aside and get hands-on experiences? Here is your chance to join the best sports brand in the world.
adidas is a truly global company with its roots in Germany. Around the world we employ over 57,000 people. Employees from about 100 nations are working at our global HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany – the ‘World of Sports’. Every year we produce over 900 million sports and sports lifestyle products and we believe that through sports we have the power to change lives.
Consumer centricity is one of adidas’ strategic key topics. It is an essential future skill to identify specific trends and consumer needs. Especially upcoming trends within our key cities are of high importance. The primary goal is to deepen our understanding of these consumer needs in order to produce better products and hence to better serve our consumers. The early detection of upcoming trends can lead to better strategic decisions. To reach this goal, the IT Innovation team offers an internship with the possibility to perform your final thesis (Bachelor / Master) in the area of trend detection through textmining, topic modeling, and data analytics. In your master thesis your task will be to identify a new potential of using analytical methods to better understand our consumers and consequently to improve consumer experience.
All in all, you will be able to perform your thesis in one of the following topics:
- Market Size and Merchandising Optimization through Social Media Analytics
- Social Media Analytics – Enhancing Text Analytics Results by Integrating Image Meta Data
- Social Media Analytics – Enhancing Text Analytics Results by Integrating Social-Demographic Data
- Literature research in the specific field Textmining and Topic Modeling based on Social Media
- Investigate state of the art methods and tools in Textmining approaches to detect emerging topics and needs of customers in the online space
- Identify a new application potential in the area of social network analytics and execute exemplary analyses in regards to the respective topic selected
- Development of key insights and recommendations for action for fact-based decision making
- Presentation of the results to the upper/senior management teams
- Student of Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Informatics or comparable study program with a specific focus on Data Analytics
- Python skills are a plus
- Enrolled as full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- Good analytical skills and passion for scientific and applied research
- Methodological knowledge in the areas of data analytics or programming skills will be considered a plus
- Interest in learning and using new concepts/technologies in the context of your research
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Fluent in English
- You will be employed as an intern for the duration of 6 months
- Enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship
- The final thesis topic will be defined in agreement with you and the supervising professor. We will support you in this matter. The conduction of a master thesis is a must for this internship.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2019
Start Dates: March 1st, 2020 or March15th, 2020
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
- Show us with your application (CV & motivation letter) who you are, why you want to join adidas and why this specific team
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered
Make your move to the World of Sports.
Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com