The objective of the Retail Loss Prevention Intern is to support the Retail Loss Prevention Manager in day to day completion of assigned tasks and projects relating to financial contributions at retail locations across Canada.
This internship is an excellent learning opportunity for a top talent with strong communication, creative problem-solving skills and a passion for sports and the sporting goods industry. You are going to master challenges in this team as well as be involved in cross-functional projects.
Duration: May 6th - August 23rd 2019 (16 weeks)
Remuneration: 15CAD/ hour
How to apply:
Please impress us with your resume and an application video (maximum 2 minutes): Be creative and show us how you are you living the “3Cs”: Confidence, Creativity and Collaboration.
We are interested in who you are, your passion for the role and the industry and how you can contribute to our culture here at adidas.
Please upload your video to YouTube, Dropbox or a similar application and include the link to your video in your online application form.
Application deadline: February 17th 2019
The final stage of the selection process (in person) will prospectively be between March 14th and 22nd, with decisions to be communicated shortly after.
Key Responsibilities (Functional):
- Inventory control and shrink analysis
- Analyse authorized inventory adjustments to confirm validity
- Internal operational compliance related to store audits, POS and backroom functions
- Analyse store refund and exchange transactions
- Liaise with various departments on specific tasks as required
- Provide support with store visits/audits as required
- Follow up on store audit results – developing action plans with DM’s as required
- Assist with investigations and incident reporting
- Assist with the launch of new POS system at all locations
- Oversee store level compliance of employee purchase process
Key Responsibilities (KPIs):
- Meet project and task deadlines as directed.
- Development and launch of ‘Focus Store Program’
Key Relationships (Internal):
- Retail Operations, back office and field teams
- Human Resources
- Canadian Health & Safety Team
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity of retail operations relating to loss prevention, security or health & safety.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of investigative and interviewing techniques – Reid, Wicklander etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of adidas core cultures and values.
- Creative and positive mindset.
- Some travel may be required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a College/University program relating to security, loss prevention, criminology or similar.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.