At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: Position is directly responsible for the management of engineering resources and personnel daily. Position is responsible for the effective management and outcome of assigned projects in the priority assigned. Project management will include the management of resources and the utilization of advanced analytical and problem-solving tools. This position will be expected to identify opportunities for improvement and gained efficiency using Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints to drive continuous improvement throughout the facility. Will manage key functionality in the labor management software and will use the associated reporting engine to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and drive throughput.
- Direct/ manage the daily operations for the Engineering Department to include providing direction, mentoring and guidance to junior engineering staff.
- Manage, set deadlines, formalize, organize, report and retain key project information.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities and develop improvement to quality processes, production processes, layout, process flows, utilization and packaging material usage.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency through the reduction of waste in both materials and labor.
- Direct/manage key elements of the STAR Incentive Program for multiple sites (as applicable).
- Make recommendations for investment in new technologies and improvement of efficiencies throughout all areas of the business (Administration, Quality, Production, Distribution, etc.).
- Perform costing analysis as it relates to operational and technological investments.
- Define projects, outline steps, offer alternative solutions and direct the completion while exercising considerable judgment to meet expectations.
- Drive process improvement in all areas of business
- Department Management: Manufacturing, Distribution, Administration
- Outside vendors as appropriate.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead teams through direct and matrix reporting relationships.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Must excel in a fast moving ever changing business environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints philosophies and the ability to effectively apply those philosophies to varying areas of the organization.
- Proven strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinating the work on several projects and varying levels of personnel.
- Possess exceptional analytical skill to drive change and produce tangible results.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, closely related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a Distribution/Manufacturing Environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma certification
- Proven experience in effectively managing projects.
- Ability and flexibility to travel. (10-20%)
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office software programs including Excel and Access.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.