At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To design market right graphics for Apparel for the adidas BU Neo as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Be at the global forefront of design trends and innovation and their application.
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet commercial and image objectives.
- Design graphics, select materials and colour for the product in the international inline and account exclusives Apparel range based on the direction from the Senior Designer and Design Director and in close cooperation with marketing.
- Ensure good communication with product management and development.
- Execute graphic design vs. the visual language of adidas and CI guidelines of BU NEO.
- Translate the business strategies into differentiated and distinctive design language to fulfil customer's expectations.
- Collect relevant information needed to create truly international Apparel. This to include all possible sources to gain this information:
- Trade publications, trade fairs, blogs
- general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines, store checks, market visits, team travel
- Produce trend and travel reports for other members of the design team and present findings to design and marketing.
- Create graphic design concepts for the respective product area.
- Build/create the seasonal colour card and material direction together with and in line with the direction from Senior designer
- Design apparel and t-shirt graphics (this includes illustrations, typographies, logo graphics, hand sketches, artworks, technical drawings, colour concepts and colorations, story boards, …)
- Ensure proper handover of graphic artworks to the mechanical production department and into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original artworks, colour indication, execution information, artwork sizes …
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the products designed by the designer.
- Present the created graphics internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of products designed by the designer, externally.
- Load sketches into the internal software catalogue.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or MA in Graphic design or comparable education
- Advanced computer skills on Apple Mac (Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop)
- Apparel graphic knowledge / apparel product knowledge
- High level of creativity
- Preferably a background in and passion for urban and street wear apparel graphics’
- Minimum 4 years of experience in graphic design
- Fluent in English
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.