adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting, Non Trade Procurement and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Ensuring correct and daily execution of key responsibilities in the adidas Global Business Services according to the requirements of the company Accounting Manual for specific area of responsibility.
- Preparation of month-end journal entries: accruals, depreciation, provisions, prepayments by ensuring entries are recorded in accordance with company policies and all deadlines are accomplished;
- Maintain GL accounts and prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations;
- Conduct Intercompany confirmations and monthly reconciliations of Intercompany accounts;
- Prepare monthly, quarter and annual reports;
- Review accuracy of Fixed Assets register; analyse Construction in Progress accounts and prepare Month-end Fixed Assets reconciliation;
- Ensure Bank Statements Reconciliations;
- Maintain close contact with Local Teams, Group Accounting and FP&A teams to analyse monthly business results in detail;
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain information about transactions and research unreconciled items;
- Preparation of External and Internal Audit requests;
- Assistance in the preparation of the Financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Local GAAP standards;
- Lead and participate in cross-functions ad hoc projects and tasks assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid Accounting knowledge;
- Experience with SAP is an advantage;
- Experience in a Shared Service environment is an advantage;
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English in a business setting;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and high degree of customer orientation;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual;
- Availability to travel for periods of 3 to 4 weeks.
- 2 to 6 years relevant work experience in the accounting / business area;
- Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Economics or related areas.