At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To produce quality stitched shoe uppers that are used to help develop, confirm and commercialize new product in the most cost efficient manner possible. Provide suggestion for alternative construction methods to improve costing and assembly of prototypes. Create quality uppers the most effective way possible, to be utilized in the manufacturing process in order to streamline or reduce the length of the development process.
- Work closely with the pattern maker, material cutter, and shoemakers to determine best process and sequence of assembly for each shoe upper design.
- Pre-fit cut upper parts by marking, skiving, splitting, perforating, etc. so as to produce cut upper parts that are ready to be assembled into a finished stitched upper ready for lasting.
- Assemble individual pre-fit cut parts in the proper sequence and following the provided specifications for the stitching details to produce a quality finished upper.
- Through the above process, produce quality pairs of matched upper ready for lasting and remaining shoe making steps.
- Operate all necessary machinery required to pre-fit and produce uppers: i.e., splitter, skiver, and various stitching machines.
- Provide a technical review of each project with the designer or developer with suggestions on how to improve it, if possible.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong experience stitching footwear uppers and creating footwear prototypes
- Ability to operate all machinery required for pre-fitting and stitching shoes.
- Ability to learn to operate the auto cutting machinery.
- A strong understanding of materials used in prototyping.
- Be capable of thinking through sequence of operations on uppers and make improvement suggestion to pattern engineers to improve the prototypes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Complete all projects within the established timelines.
- Ability to cross train on other positions in the sample department and to provide backup on these positions as needed
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience
- College or university degree with a focus on fashion, textiles or apparel development, preferred
- 0 – 2 years of experience within the Apparel/FW industry, preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.