At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
This role is responsible for managing knit-related product creation technologies and provide an effective transition of knit designs from prototyping into production. Also responsible for collaborating with other departments and vendors to explore opportunities related to knitting technologies and post-process, as well as operate and program machines to execute complex and innovative knit designs.
- Specify new processes or set new standards for knit technologies.
- Drive the inception of new and innovative designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product.
- Develop guidelines and handbooks on these processes/standards and manage their roll-out and implementation across all functions and business units.
- Proactively research new technologies and materials to drive innovation and communicate to Design, Marketing and the adidas Innovation Team on new potential development options.
- Communicates and coordinates all necessary knit-related information that supports on time activation for all assigned projects.
- Ensure that new knit projects are engineered to cost and profitability targets.
- Engineer, program, and operate knitting machinery to produce workable prototypes which address desired attributes.
- Prototyping and implementation of new & innovative knit designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product.
- Ensure that all knit components are fully tested to adherence to adidas’ quality standards.
- Take ownership for the entire development process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable operating calendar.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Business Units, Design, Future, Materials Development and Supply, Quality, Costing, Product Creation Technology, Logistics and Sourcing Organization, managing designated projects to ensure on time activation performance.
- Organizational tasks and communication responsibilities; use of the computerized Product Data Management System; e-mail and telephone communication world-wide and all related organizational requirements.
- Support and guide Developers in the Development teams in all aspects of knit development.
- Design, Future, Technologies, Materials Development and Supply, Quality, Costing, Logistics and Sourcing Organization, Marketing, T2 (knit facilities), inline development, T3 (yarn supplier, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with knitting technologies (circular, flat, warp, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Technical training in footwear or apparel engineering and product development; industry experience
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English language skills
- Exposure to the latest in materials, components, processes, and concepts
- Ability to understand 2D images in 3D
- Ability to frequently travel to factories, vendors, and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5 years minimum related work experience in the athletic footwear or apparel industry, specializing in product development, design and / or marketing. Proven record of accomplishment in the field of footwear development.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.