Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
- To create design direction concepts for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with design leadership, marketing and development.
- Develop advanced adidas concepts: think outside the box, yet always from consumer and brand POV. Create new and better design concepts that are functional and emotional. Work with advanced design director and category heads to define key future concept and visions.
- Designing through prototyping to explore and develop truly big ideas beyond ‘just moving lines’. Strong focus on own stitching, tailoring and hands on prototyping skills. Use this mock ups to communicate concepts within the design and marketing / development teams.
- Cross category horizontal design concepts development. Find great ideas and make them horizontal to create powerful. Ideas from AIT, inline and our own advanced design ideas should be evolved to horizontal tool kits to be used by all.
- Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity
- Ensure efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the designed ranges and products
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks …
- Visualize ideas for products and ranges with a high degree of expertise.
- Designing through prototyping. Strong focus on hands on prototyping skills
- Work with Marketing, Brand and Design strategy to identify opportunities
- Advanced work with factories and suppliers to gain cutting edge advantage
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of product development, material and trims
- Passion for Design
- High level of creativity
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a college or university, major Design
- 3 years of practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories - or industrial design, fashion design or similar design related areas)